awnings

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

andyh10
80-90 Mem No: 12966

awnings

Post by andyh10 »

Morning People

just wanted a bit of feedback/advice on an awnings. Im looking at the drive away awning from NLA NLA Vintage Yellow Driveaway Awning (nlavw.com), which strangely seems to be set up for LHD vans, customer service says its suitable for RHD too. but would mean the inner tent would block the side door, or a repositioning of the awning which would then cover/block the front passenger door. Does anyone have experience with this awning and can shed some light. much appreciated. thanks

1982 1.6d hightop

CoalMarx
80-90 Mem No: 17539

Re: awnings

Post by CoalMarx »

There's one on facebook marketplace and another on ebay, could try asking there? Also lots cheaper than the new option.
1989 1.7 Diesel 5 speed.

toolsntat
80-90 Mem No: 644

Re: awnings

Post by toolsntat »

More importantly and I don't doubt this is the case here you need to make sure that the length has enough room for the sliding door to go all the way to the end of the track. (Unless you carry a short offcut of broom handle... ask me how I know... :-) )

Particularly with this offering consideration should be given to what looks like a decent width of flysheet (the wider, the better ) betwixt gutter and main awning frame.
This could enable sufficient space to exit door and navigate past inner tent.
Cheers, Andy
------------------
"GOT ANY OLD TOOLS??"
"WANT ANY OLD TOOLS??"
WANTED old treadle lathe please......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1980 2.0L Aircooled Blue Hightop Holdsworth Villa Camper
2002 White 2.0l 280 td swb hightop Tranzit works van