Missing Floor Panel

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

herman_t25
80-90 Mem No: 0

Missing Floor Panel

Post by herman_t25 »

Hi all,

I’m working through prepping the floor for sound deadening and it appears I’m missing a panel on the floor. Linking floor to the outer wall?

Does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like? Guess I’ll have to make one

https://imgur.com/a/GeqwFIm

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Missing Floor Panel

Post by Aidan »

The original outer sill has the return on it which welds to the rest of the floor panel, and the upper panel has a slight return which welds to that; because the previous repair has used the replica panel which is the middle panel and the sill outer part only there is nothing on the one piece panel to fix to the remains of the original panels or any repair piece. You could make a bridging piece but welding onto the back of the outer skin you will probably distort it. You might have to decide how structual it is for you, depends on how good the inner sill is really, or if that is original for example and where else on the sill has been repaired.
I can photograph a lhd one to show you how it was originally, just a mirror image for rhd obviously

herman_t25
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by herman_t25 »

Aidan wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 10:29 The original outer sill has the return on it which welds to the rest of the floor panel, and the upper panel has a slight return which welds to that; because the previous repair has used the replica panel which is the middle panel and the sill outer part only there is nothing on the one piece panel to fix to the remains of the original panels or any repair piece. You could make a bridging piece but welding onto the back of the outer skin you will probably distort it. You might have to decide how structual it is for you, depends on how good the inner sill is really, or if that is original for example and where else on the sill has been repaired.
I can photograph a lhd one to show you how it was originally, just a mirror image for rhd obviously
great that's a real help. I'm sure i'll be replacing that panel in the next year or so so makes sense to do it then. I'll just drop my sound deadening back 6 inches from the edge ready.

thanks 

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Post by davidoft1 »

Should look like this