Dimensions of space under RustyLee bed

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

allie
80-90 Mem No: 15264

Dimensions of space under RustyLee bed

Post by allie »

I wondered if anyone has dimensions for the storage space under a Rusty Lee bed? I am wondering if a small toilet could fit under there but I suspect due to the engine bay, it won’t. I have the new bed here but sadly not our van at the moment or I could measure it myself! Any info gratefully received- I’ve scoured the internet but can’t find the answer!

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Re: Dimensions of space under RustyLee bed

Post by davidoft1 »

I don’t know the dimensions but there’s very little useable space , a toilet won’t fit

PeteandNikki
80-90 Mem No: 13990

Post by PeteandNikki »

I could measure the dimensions tomorrow if you really want them, but it’s really not a big space and a ‘porta potti’ type loo would need to be bespoke made and even then it would be difficult to lift in and out without tilting it!

Shinnster
80-90 Mem No: 17392

Post by Shinnster »

i have one installed on my van and there isnt much space under there, not enough for a toilet.
I have my leisure battery under mine and that nearly touches the underneath of the seat.
I can get the dimensions for you tomorrow if no ones posted them before then.
1988 1.9 DG, 4 speed Tin top with double sliders.

allie

Post by allie »

Hmm, I was concerned that might be the answer! Thanks everyone for the responses though.
Shinnster, dimensions would still be handy if that’s possible as I’m trying to maximise space (as is often the case!!) in our van remodelling so it would be great to know what space I have to play with under there.

Shinnster
80-90 Mem No: 17392

Post by Shinnster »

allie wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 21:55 Hmm, I was concerned that might be the answer! Thanks everyone for the responses though.
Shinnster, dimensions would still be handy if that’s possible as I’m trying to maximise space (as is often the case!!) in our van remodelling so it would be great to know what space I have to play with under there.

Hi , sorry for the delay... been laid up in bed ill and only just been able to get out to the van today.

there isnt much room really, at the lowest point you have approx 30cm from bed frame to engine bay, and moving up to the top of the frame you have about 45 cms from frame to engine bay
the depth is about 30 cm too, but you have 3 parts of the frame that drop down 12cm which hinders having anything sizeable in the space.

under mine i pretty much have my leisure battery, and extra oil and coolant, and my tools.
1988 1.9 DG, 4 speed Tin top with double sliders.

allie

Post by allie »

Thank you very much!  Sorry to hear you've been ill though - hope you are feeling better now.