Weber carb jet settings

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pondering
80-90 Mem No: 0

Weber carb jet settings

Post by pondering »

Let me say first that I’m not very engine/mechanically savvy but am becoming a little more so!

So the context is I was experiencing unpleasant fuel smells whilst driving, possibly with the window open and not moving very quickly. The fuel tank shows no sign of leaks and the mostly existing exhaust seems intact. ‘She’ seemed to be idling a bit fast too so the garage checked out the carb (think it was removed and cleaned up). I’m told it was running too lean and with the ‘throttle spindle’ (screw?) full out, didn’t ‘rich up’ so a refurb may be next. Paul (very helpful, Weber Carb Reconditioning Service) said first to check the fuel pump pressure (the manual was replaced by electric just ish pre Lockdown! There are inline fuel filters) and the Jet settings. I’m hoping to get the pressure tested early next week, and wonder/hope someone may know what the correct Jet settings are? There’s unhelpfully no model stamp on the carb that I can easily see, just a silver ID tag embossed with: 23368 and 294 0Z. I’m told it may be a 34 DAT as this was the original auto choke (built for Lancia?) conversion.

Any other thoughts/ideas always welcome. Thanks too in advance.
1987 Autohomes Kameo RHD