Zig CF9 replacement issues

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Blue1987
80-90 Mem No: 0

Zig CF9 replacement issues

Post by Blue1987 »

Hello, this is my first time posting. I am looking to get my electrics sorted on the van (few bodged bits done by previous owners). I currently have a Zig CF9 but it hasn't been wired up to be fully used. I'd like to be able to add additional switches, either to this or by installing a whole new panel/distribution unit. I have looked at soooo many posts/videos/articles etc ands am now totally confused. My basic questions are:

1. Can additional 12v appliances be linked to the zig panel or would i need a new system linked directly to the leisure battery?
2. If I replace the zig panel, can i buy a 'standard' looking switch panel or do i also need some kind of distribution unit behind the scenes? Something like this: basic control panel

I will have a 12v/24v fridge (currently have 3-way), lights, water pump, USB ports. Nothing out of the ordinary but will be wanting to add on solar charging at some point in the future, when funds allow. I have a split charge relay but it only charges the leisure battery whilst driving and I'd want to be able to charge it from the mains.

TIA for any information/sign posting anyone can give me!

Beatrix