wheel alignment

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

lexussoarer1996

wheel alignment

Post by lexussoarer1996 »

Took the bus for a wheel alignment after a rear suspension overhaul, new bushes and bolts and new track rods on the front, nothing siezed , decided on the local Kwik Fit as they have a hunter machine , left it with them and went back an hour later to be told they couldnt do the rears as the eccentric washers are missing.

I know the rear mounts are sotted but do i have something missing? and if not how do you adjust the rear settings ( just loosen the both and manually move it ? )

Anybody know a good alignment place around Newcastle upon tyne that knows these vans. 

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Re: wheel alignment

Post by maxstu »

No eccentric washers. That why the mounts are slotted.
I had a similar issue when l submitted my camper for laser alignment. The company said there is no computer proramme listed for rear adjustment. So l gave them my Haynes manual.
The camper drove perfectly afterwards. Money well spent indeed.

MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
1987 DG1.9 LPG Auto Autosleeper
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

They're not eccentric washers, but they are thicker than normal M12 washers.

Dimensions are 27.75mm OD, 12.45mm ID and 2.85mm thick, in zinc flake (geomet) plated steel - VW part code is 481501543
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

lexussoarer1996

Post by lexussoarer1996 »

When the rear suspension was stripped none of the bolts were siezed and could have been reused however all bolts and washers were replaced with the correct items from brickwerks. as far as i can tell everything is as it should be.

irishkeet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2322

Post by irishkeet »

Find a place you can stay with the van and watch, I use a place local that allows me in the bay so I can help the guy who has never seen a T3 before, this time he was setting it up using the steering wheel rather then checking the centre marking on the steering rack, once I pointed this out we needed to revisit a few adjustments again!! :mrgreen:
------------------------
1985 Doka 1.9 DG 4 Speed Box
---
1986 Fakefalia Syncro Subaru EJ25