Westfalia utility shelf fitting to a mosaik

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Rascal
80-90 Mem No: 0

Westfalia utility shelf fitting to a mosaik

Post by Rascal »

So I have Aquired a westfalia utility shelf and the corrosponding matching sliding door unit that houses the curtain track.. I have a westfalia mozaik I knew this would not be a instant straight foward fitting. But 90% of the furniture is the same. The roof is slightly different in that the mozaik uses the large sunroof cut out.. The front section appears to be a match its just the rear section of the sunroof cutout that is an issue.. Has anyone else done this mod before i begin to trim the shelf to fit? ImageImage so fortunately. The sliding door part can be split.. 2 rivets and some screws. So I know the front section fits well just some trimming of the rear....
ImageImageImage rearImageImage
It looks to be a similar affair with the non sliding side... Was not expecting this shelf to be so heavy..
I'm also very tempted to remove the cut out trim and repaint In the Grey ral code I have as I can't stand the yellow... ImageImageImage

. I hope people are not offended by my heinous act of cutting westy furniture up 😒

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Westfalia utility shelf fitting to a mosaik

Post by Aidan »

the inner roof skin, etc.. of the sunroof van at the rear is lower because of the void the sunroof retracts into and of course the roof (and inner gutter/reinforcement) is also different to the westie's internal roof - good luck with the mods

Rascal
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Westfalia utility shelf fitting to a mosaik

Post by Rascal »

So it's not actually a sunroof van.. The mozaik just uses the cut out surround as far as I'm aware.. So I'm. Pretty sure the only difference is that I have the fabric and not the boarded roof (which I could always add later) and the extra cross. Member
Shown here a over her hand