Chinese night heater

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Flipflop
80-90 Mem No: 0

Chinese night heater

Post by Flipflop »

Hi new to the forum and looking for advice straight away my night heater keeps throwing fault E06 which is fan problem from what I’ve researched ive changed the gap between the sensor and its spinning freely but as soon as I switch on it just throws that fault the fan doesn’t even start to turn any ideas what could be the problem would be much appreciated 

Stesaw
80-90 Mem No: 17004

Re: Chinese night heater

Post by Stesaw »

For what they are worth, might be best to just buy a new one.
Could be a motor fault or something to do with wiring/circuit board / component failure. I doubt quality is something that is built into these things.
1985 LeisureDrive 2.1DJ 5 Speed syncro conversion project.
1979 LT 2.0CH Westy project

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

There is a lot of info on them on farcebook pages , to be honest i do have one as a workshop heater , its three or more years old now, never had any issue , other than it drinks twice the amount of kerosene that the same power eberspacher does in the same time . Not overly impressed with them , they suck the battery dry when in standby too .
They are dirt cheap , and give heat , so if thats all you have , its better than being one of these Sumer only campers that can’t survive without a campsite hook up
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Flipflop
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Flipflop »

:o thanks for the advice it was fitted into the back of the car on a separate battery only to warm it up a bit before I use it early morning or late at night on night shift may have to re invest cheers

sarran1955
80-90 Mem No: 6754
Location: 6, les Hauts de Sarran 19800, Sarran ,Limousin ,FRANCE

Post by sarran1955 »

Hello,
Flipflop wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 20:36 :o thanks for the advice it was fitted into the back of the car on a separate battery only to warm it up a bit before I use it early morning or late at night on night shift may have to re invest cheers

I think I see the problem, these heaters will not work below a certain voltage. If your battery is apart from the charging system, the voltage drop when it starts to heat the glow plug may be enough to throw up an error message. They can be reset to run a bit lower, there are plenty of You tube videos out there..( you will need the controller with graphics screen..).

Hope this helps..

Cordialement,

:ok