Whitestar hannover edition bed

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

QuickBrownFox
80-90 Mem No: 0

Whitestar hannover edition bed

Post by QuickBrownFox »

Hello. Sorry for such a basic question. I saw an advert on ebay (which has now finished) for a 'whitestar hannover edition full width rock and roll bed'. I was interested. Seemed to be what I was after. I didnt bid as it was hundreds of miles away but after a bit more research I'm confused to if it was a rock and roll bed, or more what a rock and roll bed now is. Looking at other websites I now think the back of the seat would now just fold on to the front of the seat like a caravelle seat i guess is my understanding correct and if so can this be called a rock and roll bed? I have no problem with the advert and whilst the advert was actually listed the guy selling it was more than helpful (and patient) with my questions I just didn't think to ask how the bed actually was made up.

Hope that makes sense. I have pics of the advert but not sure if sharing them is appropriate

Cheers in advance
That would be an ecumenical matter

1986 Holdsworth Vision High Top. 1.9DG.

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Re: Whitestar hannover edition bed

Post by multisi »

It is a pull up and out rock and roll bed, they are fitted to Multivans that have slim plastic side panels so the bed isnt full width it will have a couple of inch gap each side, it should come with the latch pin brackets that need fixing to the body, they are very comfy.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon

QuickBrownFox

Post by QuickBrownFox »

Thanks for the reply. I've just been on YouTube and looked at 'multivan bed' and I'm a bit gutted now. It looks well good. Do they retrofit well do you know without having the multivan side panels. I'm ripping out my holdsworth vision so mine just has carpeted ply panels I guess that could be adapted or maybe find some multivan trim

Thanks again

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Post by multisi »

You cant fit the plastic multivan sides as they are lhd fitment but you could easily make the sides from ply and your own covering, there is a wider version of the same type of rock n roll bed that was sometimes fitted to the higher spec caravelle models.You would need to add the body side fixing points to your van to replicate the caravelle model to fit the bed unit.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon

QuickBrownFox

Post by QuickBrownFox »

Thanks thats great. Worth considering then. Sounds like a good alternative to a modern rock and roll bed