Autosleeper Trident Leisure Battery Not Working

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

JulianBuck
80-90 Mem No: 0

Autosleeper Trident Leisure Battery Not Working

Post by JulianBuck »

ImageImageHi everyone, your help would be appreciated.

I have a Transporter Autosleeper Trident and can't get the lights to work.  The battery is fully charged and earthed and I've replaced both the fuse and the fuse holder at the positive terminal.  Is there another fuse somewhere I should check?  Is there a vehicle fuse (in the glovebox) that I should check?  Should I check if there's power going to the ZIG unit? Is so - how (I do have an multimeter).  What about the 7a fuses in the zig unit - should I replace these (they look ok). May be I am just missing a switch somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Julian.

Last edited by JulianBuck on 30 Jun 2022, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.

Da dan

Re: Autosleeper Trident Leisure Battery Not Working

Post by Da dan »

Slide out the zig and test the power going in the back, test the light to see if power there, maybe the switch on the light in not connecting. But first check for loose wires on the battery. If the fuses in the zig unit are blown change them. Otherwise just run a new cable to it. Good like with the gremlins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

Does the water pump, fresh water level meter, etc, which are also connected to the leisure battery function? If yes then power is getting to the Zig. Check the ZIG panel fuses with a meter rather than just visually.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

JulianBuck

Post by JulianBuck »

Hi - nothing works, pubs the water meter or anything.  So probability no power to the Zig?

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

There may be another fuse somewhere.  I would carefully slide the ZIG out and, using a multimeter set to DC Volts, see if you have a voltage at the terminal block on the back - go to the club WIKI and find the Camper Electrical section, there you will see pictures of the connector block mounted on the rear of the  ZIG and Schematics, etc which will help yu identify the various connections

JulianBuck

Post by JulianBuck »

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure there's no power to the ZIG but unsure how to test it. I've take  pictures of the front and back together with a picture of the vehicle's main fuse box (in the glove compartment. Could it be there's a blown fuse there?).  Happy to send anyone interested the pics.

Not confident about testing the wires behind the zig but will try.  

I'm not missing something really obvious like a switch or something am I ?

Again - thanks for your expertise and advice.

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

You can insert pictures into your post by selecting the black ‘I’ Icon, you will be prompted to upload your picture, repeat for multiple pictures. The ZIG CF8 has a switch on the front panel to switch the 12v supply to lights, pump, etc on or off. There is a LED which will illuminate when the switch is set to (On). I am not aware of a fuse for the leisure system being located in the fuse box under the glove compartment. Has this fault with the leisure electrical supply suddenly appeared?

JulianBuck

Post by JulianBuck »

Thanks - just uploaded ZIG pictures - didn't know how to do that. And yes - problem has just occurred - pretty sure all the fuses are ok and can't see a master on/off switch?

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

You have a distribution panel rather than the commonly fitted ZIG CF8 which has a built in battery charger.    You really need someone who is familiar with testing and fault finding circuits in the absence of a wiring diagram for your vans leisure electrics.  

It's difficult to advise you regards checking the distribution board without actually being able to see the cables clearly regards where each connect to.   If the fault has suddenly appeared my guess is that there is a fuse or a switch somewhere that has been missed but you could check to see if there is 12v at various cable termination points on the distribution panel and also the Red and Yellow cables at the Relay.

Where is the Leisure Battery Charger on your van and have you checked to see if there are switches and fuses that may be accessible or part of the charger?

JulianBuck

Post by JulianBuck »

It was the blade fuse at the battery - all sorted and working. Thanks.