Parts advice for T25 Devon concersion 1982

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

rudyblu23
80-90 Mem No: 0

Parts advice for T25 Devon concersion 1982

Post by rudyblu23 »

Hello, my name is Tara and I wondered if anyone could help me find some parts for my VW bus. 

Note that I have used your wonderful advice over the years when Ive been stuck and I bought my first T25 van on this site 10 years ago. Ive since bought a lovely T25 devon in orange and cream and she's a stunner. Ive just spent about £5k getting her engine recondistioned and all her main under chassis welded and oiled. Shes needs more TLC as she had to sit around for 2 years as I was ill and couldnt maintain her. But Im back and getting her ready again for a summer of love and fun. Im a typical non mechanical bird so need some help please

My freind is helping me fix the remaininbg small issues and he needs the following parts as I had to rip out the main internal cupboards while she was being welded. I just need a link to a supplier please. He's rebulit the housing cupboards and we can still use the original fascia but the fridge needs a new gas pipe and we have found some electrical issues with the indicators and lights. I wondered if anyone can help me find the parts I need to fix her up. 

Indicator lights port. I dont know to post photos. Its a light grey round port 40mm wide with a 10mm hole in the middle and with upright metal tabs.

I also need a new fridge gap pipe. The one I have has spiral metal casing and the male and female locking ports either end. Im guessing this must be a standard part but I dont want to order off ebay as it looks different. So sorry I cant post photos.

I also need to buy new LED bulbs for the main lights and indicators etc. as my current bulbs are not very strong. For all of the above I just need a suppliuer link please. Im trying just campers too just in case.

If someone can tell me how to cut and paste or attach photos I will do that as I know its annoying and a bit useless not seeing images of what Im gabbing on about. 

Thanks so much Tara xxx

ps:apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section :)

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Re: Parts advice for T25 Devon concersion 1982

Post by Jim San »

Adding photos is straight forward enough.

when you are typing a post/reply - along the top of the typing box you will see a solid black box with a white i inside it.
click on that and then add photo from your device
done

Parts - Don't know what you are refering to regards th eindicators, but BW is easily you best bet for good parts.
keep this in your favourites

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/

PS Electrical issues - CHECK your earth crowns - under the dash on the nearside (psg side on a RHD bus). They need to be clean, well grounded to the chassis and the terminals also need to be clean and friction tight fit
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

rudyblu23
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by rudyblu23 »

HI and thanks for the support. ive managed to post images this time.....

This is the gas pipe with connectors that i need. Just campers, amazon and ebay do not sell and ive been to various plumbers who cant help. Can i get a replacement from somewhere or do i need to get one made using the existing connectors and just attach to a new orgnge hose?

sorry the picture is large. Ok i also need LED lights and am i right in thinking I can just buy the ones on ebay with the same fitments and wattage? The main lights on my van are so feint, will the new LEDs bulbs solve the problem or do i need to upgrade the wiring etc?

And finally is there an amazing to remove rust and clean up my h
ubcaps? I cant afford to rechrome at the moment.

sorry if my questions are basic. Just a bird trying to get my prtty van back on the road 

thanks for your help lovely peeps x

aec
80-90 Mem No: 5469

Post by aec »

rudyblu23 wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 16:19
Ok i also need LED lights and am i right in thinking I can just buy the ones on ebay with the same fitments and wattage? The main lights on my van are so feint, will the new LEDs bulbs solve the problem or do i need to upgrade the wiring etc?

And finally is there an amazing to remove rust and clean up my h
ubcaps? I cant afford to rechrome at the moment.

Check before buying LED headlamps, legally I think you might have to change the entire headlight unit for proper LED designed units, just swapping the bulbs may be an MOT failure/frowned upon by Plod.

Brass wool and a squirt of oil/wd40 (or even fine steel wire wool if they're in a badly pitted state anyway)
Makes them look respectable (from a distance)  :)

1984 1.9DG wbx Autohomes rigid pop top