Dash red lights

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Dash red lights

Post by AngeloEvs »

Are you saying that with a spare dash fitted all is ok, if so disregard the rest.

Try disconnecting the low oil pressure switch wire and leave it disconnected, then disconnect the high pressure switch Wire but connect this one to a good earth point. This will emulate what the pressure switches should be doing with good oil pressure. If the buzzer continues to sound and the oil pressure warning light starts flashing then you need to check if the wiring from the engine bay to the dash is ok.

With a multimeter set to ohms (or preferably a setting that produces a high pitch tone when the probes are held together), Connect one lead to earth and the other probe onto the yellow wire in the 14 pin connector - you should get a reading of less than one ohms (or the meter will produce a tone if it that option). Repeat but place the probe onto the blue black wire in the multiconnector - this should read open circuit (a very high reading) and no tone should be heard.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

southernscouse
80-90 Mem No: 2434

Post by southernscouse »

Thanks for the reply but as I have put my spare clock set in and everything works I will leave well alone until my summer pre booked dates are over hope to have an engine upgrade by then

southernscouse

Post by southernscouse »

Am still thinking of what can be wrong with my slaughterhouse dash kit hope to use it in my next engine upgrade is there any one who can check it out and fix any problem by post or local to me in Portsmouth

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

Sent you a pm

southernscouse

Post by southernscouse »

Not got your pm my email. tom.godfrey1952@gmail.com. Thanks

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

Strange that you are not getting any PM’s from me, I sent two. Sent you an email.