T3 Bathroom?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: T3 Bathroom?

Post by itchyfeet »

clone123 wrote:I see your point about $hitting in the van but I think I would act like a bear :D

I would be touring with my girlfriend and some experiences are best not shared :rofl
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

martin83
80-90 Mem No: 15716

Post by martin83 »

asterix_the_gaul wrote:It would be a whole new euphemism for taking a dump: just need to check the oil..
:rofl :rofl :rofl
+1 for me itchy I think it's an awesome idea. I've been on the look out for one for a few years, ever since I saw one for the first time.
We go to a few festivals each year and keep the Thetford in the awning, because anything is better than festival loo's.
I'm sure I read somewhere the original bischoffberger one only weighs 50kg.
Everything can be fixed with the right attitude........
and a BIG hammer

clone123
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by clone123 »

itchyfeet wrote:
clone123 wrote:I see your point about $hitting in the van but I think I would act like a bear :D

I would be touring with my girlfriend and some experiences are best not shared :rofl
That's a whole different matter the girlfriend :rofl :rofl :rofl now I get the point hope you have a good trip anyway
1985 RHD T25 hightop camper 1.9td 1Y engine
It's always easier with a friend

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Post by bigbadbob76 »

Must admit I wouldn't want that monstrosity on the back of my van but as you say, some things you don't want to share.
My porta-potti goes in the cab between the front seats when parked up, with a curtain across the back of the seats to give her the impression of privacy, fine for pissing in and for taking a dump when I'm camping alone but I take my shovel and paper for a walk in the woods when camping with the GF.
She's come around to pissing in the potti now, she was reluctant at first but she flatly refuses to dump in it (thankfully) and makes like the bear or waits till we stop at a "rest stop".
We don't camp on sites much but they have toilets and showers so we do use them occasionally purely for that reason.
If your GF refuses to go in the woods I see your problem, just think there must be a better solution than lugging that around with you.
Maybe you need a bigger van..... :run
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

itchyfeet

Post by itchyfeet »

bigbadbob76 wrote: Maybe you need a bigger van..... :run

yes it has occurred to me, I would keep the Tin top for fun.
but ££££££ for a bigger van and I'd have no where to keep it, nothing bigger than a T25 fits down my driveway and my road is Urban ( which means vehicles get vandalised and broken into) and double parked one side on the pavement so it would be antisocial to park a gin palace outside.

You add all that Up and you come to the conclusion a bog on the tow hook is quite a nice idea
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
itchylinks

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Post by bigbadbob76 »

Hmm... I see your problem... I still think there must be a better solution though....
tailgate awning maybe? one that goes on with the tailgate down obviously. :lol:
Then you can wave to each other through the back window. :rofl
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

DanGleebles
80-90 Mem No: 16891

Post by DanGleebles »

Totally spoils the aerodynamics imho. What's wrong with the sink anyway?
'Ruby' 1989 Burgundy and Cream EMC Conversion VW t25 1.6td

itchyfeet

Post by itchyfeet »

DanGleebles wrote:Totally spoils the aerodynamics imho. What's wrong with the sink anyway?

T3 and aerodynamics in the same sentence :rofl

you $h1t in your sink :shock:
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
itchylinks

Annieclover
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Annieclover »

I use an OZtrail folding toilet chair. It's about as compact as you can get. Use it with the bags and powder, or dig a hole. I don't know of anything smaller/compact. We have been using this for the whole family (and the big guys as well) and it is compact, sturdy, and you can double bag if needed (one large trash bag over the seat so all the business is inside, some sand to contain and absorb, close well, and then put in a smaller bag and ultimately in the trash bag).