drivers lock & central locking

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

LL435
80-90 Mem No: 9007

drivers lock & central locking

Post by LL435 »

Hi,
For our T25 California Westphalia 1990: I’ve attached some photos of a central door lock issue I have. The central locking no longer works. The drivers (left hand side) door can't be locked at all, by the key or by pressing the lock button down. The passenger and cab doors will lock manually ok. This drivers side door (photos): the key won't lock this door and the top button can't be pressed down to lock it. It used to be able to central lock all the doors on the vehicle. It appears the unit is jammed ?? I’m unsure of next steps - whether there’s an easy fix for this jammed mechanism issue, or whether I need a new unit. If it’s a new unit, I’m unsure of [1] where to source (JustKampers?) and [2] how to get it off as I can only see one screw for the locking unit, which I unscrewed and it still seemed attached somewhere.

Update: Just Kampers replied but I'm unsure what the solenoid is they refer to? I'm guessing it's within the unit?... "You will need to remove the unit and then remove solenoid, then bench test to check if it is working. Also once this is removed check that all the mechanisms are free within the lock itself".

[ I'm wondering if it's something to do with the tailgate lock as well as there was a problem with that in the past - but I think that's irrelevant? ]

Thank you :ok

T25 Westy + "Bobby" springer + "Chipper" sprocker

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: drivers lock & central locking

Post by Aidan »

there are 2 screws holding the motor to the plate, one at the bottom may be hidden or accessed through a hole in door frame, iirc
new motor replacement is to use the T4 motor and a loom that changes the connections, afaik available from Brickwerks 7D0 959 781 A and 701 972 390
Once you have the motor off you can take it apart, probably find it is all rusted up, they can be fixed if you are handy sometimes, there's sliding contacts, springs and a scalectrix type motor in there; if the boot is split then water can get in but often the two halves seal also perishes

T3luestar
80-90 Mem No: 13845

Post by T3luestar »

As said above, T4 actuators are available on ebay cheap enough. If you disconnect your actuator you should be able to lock your door. Also check for breaks in the wiring in the door shut.

LL435

Post by LL435 »

Hi, thanks for the replies and help. I'll take another look next week when I get some time, armed with new found information !!
A shame really, I'm fixing it as I need to sell it now for ££ . Had it years, but unfortunately needs to go. Although not sure best place to sell it these days, or even current price of T25's.
:( :roll:

DoubleOSeven
80-90 Mem No: 14520

Post by DoubleOSeven »

https://www.carandclassic.com/

Sold my last two vehicles on this site. They ask you to put their reference number in the windscreen to prove it's yours, that removes the con artists/re-sellers and tyre kickers - recommend.
1990 Volkswagen Transporter 2.1 Manual
2005 Porsche 911 3.6 Manual
2012 Volkswagen Polo 1.4 Automatic

LL435

Post by LL435 »

DoubleOSeven wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 14:07 https://www.carandclassic.com/

Sold my last two vehicles on this site. They ask you to put their reference number in the windscreen to prove it's yours, that removes the con artists/re-sellers and tyre kickers - recommend.

Great, thanks for the tip, will probably use them, looks good.