Interior LED lighting

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

keynsham1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Interior LED lighting

Post by keynsham1 »

I am sure this has been asked before but I am looking for advice on interior LED lighting for my van. I have stripped the interior out as I am doing a refurbishment so I can put lights anywhere I like. I was thinking of some flush round LED lights in the ceiling (it is a Hi-top with a false lined ceiling) and a few strip lights. Originally it had two tube lights inside, one 12w and the other 16w.

So on to my question. I have looked at the LED lights and there are literally hundreds available. They number from 10 LED's to 100+ LED's and have power stated usually in Lumens. I don't want to to be really dim inside but equally I don't want it like Wembley stadium during a floodlit match so any advice on what would be appropriate would be greatly appreciated!!

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Interior LED lighting

Post by Mocki »

Buy the ones that have a dimmer on the remote control, then you can choose how much skin to take off your eyes .....
Maybe something like this 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08PBKM7C8/ ... HWPFEWPR8Y
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Interior LED lighting

Post by AngeloEvs »

Fluorescent tubes give a warmer and wider spread of lighting. Some LED lighting give off a bluish white spectrum, the spread is more localised and you need quite few to give comparable output with fluorescent, also I find standard white LED lights uncomfortable regards lighting the interior.

LED lighting that uses Luxeon LEDs or similar give a higher brightness and available to give a warm white output but at the expense of requiring a slightly higher current than conventional LEDs. The higher the Lumens the brighter the output. We have fluorescent and Luxeon LED lighting and find that combination works best for us.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior