TK103 central locking wiring.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

captain Byrne
80-90 Mem No: 7107

TK103 central locking wiring.

Post by captain Byrne »

Ok, so I lost my central locking key fob - well actually it's at the bottom of a lake in the south of France. Anyway, I've got a TK103 gps tracker fitted which is tied into the after-market central locking via relays to trigger the locks. The only way around being able to use the central locking again was to buy a new like for like unit & just swap it over. Unfortunately the newer units are different, in so much as that rather than having four wires - violet unlock, Blue (-)door trigger, Brown lock & Green (+)door trigger, it only has two wires - Blue (-)door trigger & Green (+)door trigger. I'm now really struggling to figure out how to wire the thing. I'm guessing the relays need to be wired differently but does anyone know how? The diagram shows the old unit wiring on the left & the new on on the right. Thanks in advance as per usual.

1983 LHD Westfalia poptop 1.9 DG petrol.

captain Byrne
80-90 Mem No: 7107

Re: TK103 central locking wiring.

Post by captain Byrne »

Problem solved - I've pulled the wretched thing out. Had it wired properly but key fob didn't work. Waste of money.
1983 LHD Westfalia poptop 1.9 DG petrol.

Khseisouhen
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Khseisouhen »

Can you tell me how you wired it up to control the locks?

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

I have one of the old units in Edna and I doubt I will swap it over to the new van and I have the fob though never used it (so can't be sure it works), if you want I can 'rip' it out sometime for you, I know the sim I was using lost network as the tariff it was on was stopped (taking with it my £10 credit of course).
It's the 2nd generation of 103 copies, I had a 1st generation one but that just packed up after a few years, I have it still somewhere; since I had the wiring done I got a replacement (cheaper than the 1st) which had the fob but Edna didn't have cl and didn't want to fit it hence I never used the fob, which is a bit flimsy. I think my fob code is B83 but the paper has come off and I am not sure where I wrote it down in a safe place.