Westfalia Mosaik dimensions or pictures

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Rascal
80-90 Mem No: 0

Westfalia Mosaik dimensions or pictures

Post by Rascal »

Hi All I as wondering if anyone had detailed pics of the circled panel.. I'm hoping to recreate it and the seats pads above as the previous owner has butchered this area and I can only assume discarded.. The dimensions of it would be most helpful as it will allow me the check the position of the kitchen unit against it

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Re: Westfalia Mosaik dimensions or pictures

Post by clift_d »

I wouldn't be surprised if the position of the kitchen unit was the same as in the standard Joker / California / Atlantic, i.e. with the kitchen unit butted tight up against the back of the front seat box, which would also mean that the distance between the rear wardrobe and kitchen unit should be the same.

If it was me, I would leave the measuring of that area until everything else is installed and then make it to suit.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

ZsZ
80-90 Mem No: 14899

Post by ZsZ »

mosaik kitchen is shorter as the bench seat sits forward a bit and needs more space to open
found a pic on Samba, the Mosaik kitchen is 71cm wide

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewt ... p?t=724442

Zoltan
1986 Multivan ex-Caravelle. Van since 2006, running mTDi 1Z since 2008 with Fiat Croma 1.9 TDid pump 2008-2019, custom pump since 2019
5spd custom box 4.57 diff + 0.74 5th

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

well my kitchen unit is 80cm wide... And 55deep (at widest part as rear is contoured to follow door card etc.. So not sure what's going on there

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

well my kitchen unit is 80cm wide... And 55deep (at widest part as rear is contoured to follow door card etc.. So not sure what's going on there. But I did find theses images

Which shows my exact setup minus the missing panel and seat etc.. But it also shows the unit tight against the drivers seat box and shows the unit as 800mm as is mine..
And distance to seat 1190
Therefore 1190-800 =390 so think that's the width I'll check in the morning when it's light as the interior is in 3 different places being cleans repaired etc
So for whatever reason my unit was fitted in the incorrect place

weimarbus
80-90 Mem No: 10165

Post by weimarbus »

The unit may have to go back in as fitted, so that the fridge flue/vent lines up, just a thought.
1985 hi-top 2.1MV with DG carb and LPG
1955 trials buggy with 1.9 DG high lift cam and twin dell's (now sold)
1972 1303 beetle
1992 Audi 100 2.8 quattro estate
1967 Vw  Madison kit

zoona
80-90 Mem No: 17130

Post by zoona »

1987 Westfalia High Top Joker. DG SP
1993 MX5 turbo track car

ZsZ
80-90 Mem No: 14899

Post by ZsZ »

Then the kitchen of the early L-bench Joker and the late Mosaik are different. :ok
Zoltan
1986 Multivan ex-Caravelle. Van since 2006, running mTDi 1Z since 2008 with Fiat Croma 1.9 TDid pump 2008-2019, custom pump since 2019
5spd custom box 4.57 diff + 0.74 5th

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

I had considered that with the fridge vent. And decided a flexi flu would hopefully solve the problem. The other issue would be the waste water... As the current hole lines up with the position of the westfalia waste water tank I just purchased.. My worry is that moving the kitchen u it will then put the waste water tank under the fridge....... I'll have to check o CE I have an opportunity to trialfutthe unit again

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

So I in the process of trying to reinstate how the mosaik interior should be.. It always amazes me at how some people just bodge and throw things together particularly this vans previous owner... Iv managed to. Fit most things in the correct place now.. But have no idea what the area under the L seat should look like the method used previously on van appears to be. Don't measure just drill twice!
Not sure what control panel was here previously or what it was but I guess they fitted it then couldn't open the door!!!
You can see how far out the main unit was from where it should be... Now it buts up tight to the water cupboard next to the bench seat
The huge hole suggests it had a water tank at some point?Image
Now I'm just trying to recreate the under seat area here
ImageImage
Which should look like this
Exterior wise Iv worked out the dimensions of the missing panel... But does anyone have pictures of inside and under the L seat under the table next to the water tank. The brochures on T3 info are helpful but if someone else has a mosaik interior and can take some pics I'll be very grateful
Thanks

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

Rascal wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 05:07 I had considered that with the fridge vent. And decided a flexi flu would hopefully solve the problem. The other issue would be the waste water... As the current hole lines up with the position of the westfalia waste water tank I just purchased.. My worry is that moving the kitchen u it will then put the waste water tank under the fridge....... I'll have to check o CE I have an opportunity to trialfutthe unit again

It isn't permitted to extend the flue on most fridges, from Dometic installation instructions:

1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

Thanks for the response. But the extension would be less than 5cm.. Its more to do with the fixed angle that the original runs as opposed to length.. Also I never intend to run it on gas. So it's all a bit academic.

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

Err no..... but that means that you are running it on electric via the flue so still will be running it with heat, as the warmed flue air hits a cold flue extension the same will happen albeit to a lesser degree than the moisture in exhaust gases. Why do you think that the fridge body panel is the worst for internal corrosion? It is to do with the air that is being warmed by the fridge hitting the cold metal and any moisture content condensing out.
Better to disconnect all the gas so that it cannot be used then the flue becomes superfluous and the heated air is safe to discharge internally. ( Then leave it to the next owner to reinstate the economical gas function )
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

Thanks again for your response. It may be my understanding of the 3 way fridge operation but as mentioned I don't intend to run on gas and a slight direction change in the flue however small will have no effect on its ability to vent as its actually fitted with a flexible hose to start with. The flue is there to vent noxious gases from the combustion of gas... The camper still has a lower vent for cold air and an upper vent for hot air to escape and allow the fridge to work efficiently and
help reduce condensation and the dreaded rot from inside out.. Cheers now if anyone has the pictures of the mosaik seat I'm after that would be great...

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

Thanks again for your response. It may be my understanding of the 3 way fridge operation but as mentioned I don't intend to run on gas and a slight direction change in the flue however small will have no effect on its ability to vent as its actually fitted with a flexible hose to start with. The flue is there to vent noxious gases from the combustion of gas... The camper still has a lower vent for cold air and an upper vent for hot air to escape and allow the fridge to work efficiently and
help reduce condensation and the dreaded rot from inside out.. Cheers now if anyone has the pictures of the mosaik seat I'm after that would be great...