Heater matrix issue?

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Roops
80-90 Mem No: 9451

Heater matrix issue?

Post by Roops »

Hi

The heater blower in my 89 Dg Wbx packed up recently and having spent all weekend changing the thing, the good news is I have a working blower but the bad news is now the air isn’t heating?!

I have bled the cooling system and having read some post on the matter, I have checked the control thingy above the spare wheel - it seems the cable might not be doing it’s thing now but having moved the arm manually to the other position, still nadda

I will clearly need to fix the cable issue but am foxed as to why no heating..

I had heating before the blower gave in, and having the removed to unit, the only thing I can think is that I might have mixed the hoses to the matrix when putting it back in the van - not sure if that makes a difference or if it could be an air lock in the matrix itself?

Kind of hoping it’s the latter but any thoughts?

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Heater matrix issue?

Post by Mocki »

Classic case of changed too many things at once syndrome !

Air lock in the heater matrix will be the real issue , but if you don’t know if the heater control tap is open or closed you will struggle to bleed it . First job would be make sure you know if the tap is opening and make sure it is
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Roops
80-90 Mem No: 9451

Re: Heater matrix issue?

Post by Roops »

Thanks Steve

A delayed response from me but having got the control lever opening and closing the tap properly, the heating came back gradually came back and now normal service resumed..

Seemed bleeding the system normally on the kerb side didn’t really do it, although a few runs on the road and then constantly topping up the coolant in the tank behind the number plate flap for the last few weeks was the only way to bleed the system..

Either way, warm toes etc now back on the menu!