1.8T Clocks

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Sidyboy75
80-90 Mem No: 17304

1.8T Clocks

Post by Sidyboy75 »

Hi, I’ve taken on a bit of an unfinished project, a T25 with a 1.8T AGU engine. It is running, but none of the original clocks or gauges work.

Can anyone help with where I would start?

Is this a case of using the clocks from a donor car and coding them to the ecu that’s with the engine?

Simon

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Re: 1.8T Clocks

Post by syncroandy »

You could upgrade to later clocks if you wanted, and you'd get several additional features such as the trip computer with MPG and even distance-to-empty on the later ones. I do a kit for this, see my website.

But if you wanted to stick with the standard instruments that's possible. The engine would need two two oil switches fitted, you'd need the standard coolant shortage sender, and you'd need to fit a suitable coolant temp sender somewhere into the 1.8T coolant system. Then it's just a matter of connecting them up to the main harness at the junction-box in the engine bay. If you have a (petrol) revcounter, the 1.8T ECU can drive that, but a modification may be needed to get it to work, as normally its driven by the coil terminal 1 (negative).

The connections in the engine-bay are:

T7a/1 - Oil presure switch 0.3bar to dash panel (Blue/Black 0.5mm)
T7a/2 - Coolant temp. guage sender to dash panel (Yellow/Red 0.5mm)
T7a/3 - Coolant shortage sender to dash panel (Blue/Green 0.5mm)
T7a/4 - Ground connection for junction box to engine bay ground (Brown 1.5mm)
T7a/5 - Coil term 1 to rev. counter (Green)
T7a/6 - Eng. start (Term 50) from Ig. switch (Black/Red) to ECM and ISV control box
T7a/7 - Oil presure switch 0.9bar to dash panel (Yellow 0.5mm)

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

Sidyboy75
80-90 Mem No: 17304

Re: 1.8T Clocks

Post by Sidyboy75 »

Thank you so much!!

It seems you provide exactly what I need. I’ll contact you via email.

Simon