Caravelle window panel

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dannylad
80-90 Mem No: 1

Re: Caravelle window panel

Post by dannylad »

Dazco wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 16:38 Message sent to schofields

Hi Dazco,

Can you let me know what schfields say please.
I'm getting really close to looking at getting these replacement panels.

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Post by Dazco »

Had a reply , I did ask about cost , sizes etc but nothing sent

Hi Darryl, 

We don't do anything for that area on a converted panel van unfortunately. The only thing we make, is the panel van top half replacement, so basically no windows. You could cut windows into them panels, but by the time you've done that, it would be quicker and easy to try and repair what you have already, unless they're completely shot. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan. 

So looks like they do a complete sheet for the window area , which is what I want as I'm doing away with the two rear side windows.
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

dannylad
80-90 Mem No: 1

Post by dannylad »

Dazco wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 16:27 Had a reply , I did ask about cost , sizes etc but nothing sent

Hi Darryl, 

We don't do anything for that area on a converted panel van unfortunately. The only thing we make, is the panel van top half replacement, so basically no windows. You could cut windows into them panels, but by the time you've done that, it would be quicker and easy to try and repair what you have already, unless they're completely shot. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan. 

So looks like they do a complete sheet for the window area , which is what I want as I'm doing away with the two rear side windows.

Yeah this is what i want too.. my window area is fully shot and i need a new panel welding in and i want to cut this out and new seals and put back in the window. I did think of not bothering with putting the window back in straight away so i can use the van asap before summer ends for a few road trips.

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Post by Dazco »

I'll not be bothering with replacing the window . We always have those curtains drawn and have thermal blinds up as well. I also feal it's just another area for water ingress , as has been proven.
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump