AGG Oil Leak Advice

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MidLifeCrisis
80-90 Mem No: 10519

AGG Oil Leak Advice

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

I have an oil leak from the below location;
(pic is not my engine - stole image from interweb - but it is identical arrangement)

Is this the oil breather return or soemthing like that (I am new to these engines)
It looks like this right now - below pic;

I was able to push the pipe further into the mating part which suggest that it might have been loose allowing the oil to 'escape';
It looks like the pipe is held within the mating part by that U-clip type thing - but there is considerable play;
Is this normal ?? Should it be held securely in place? Am I missing a bit?

My google skills failed me in finding a decent diagram (or even the name of the part)??

Cheers for any help.
1987 Westfalia Van, Petrol 2.0 AGG

Da dan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: AGG Oil Leak Advice

Post by Da dan »

There should be a rubber washer on the end of it that creates the seal. If you slide the clip out and gently pull the pipe out and check to see or replace. If the pipe is original it will be brittle but could be cracked too. Brickwerks sell them if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidLifeCrisis
80-90 Mem No: 10519

Re: AGG Oil Leak Advice

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

Da dan wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 05:54 There should be a rubber washer on the end of it that creates the seal. If you slide the clip out and gently pull the pipe out and check to see or replace. If the pipe is original it will be brittle but could be cracked too. Brickwerks sell them if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant thanks!! :ok
1987 Westfalia Van, Petrol 2.0 AGG