T25 JX getting hot poring White smoke

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Gozz82
80-90 Mem No: 0

T25 JX getting hot poring White smoke

Post by Gozz82 »

Hi guys need help my t25 1.6 TD JX engine is showing that it's getting hot on the temp gauge going up to 3/4 and the red light is continue to flash but it's constantly poring out White smoke more under load than at idle and the coolant tank seems to bubble once turned off but it's not losing coolant ?

Could this be a dodgey temp sensor or fan problem and injectors fault or the dreaded head gasket ?

dsa
80-90 Mem No: 3186

Re: T25 JX getting hot poring White smoke

Post by dsa »

Would rule out faulty temp gauge or sensor as you have issues with white smoke and bubbling header tank could be head gasket and these heads are prone to cracking . I have had several jx engined vans and have had to change head on a couple and the others I owned showed head replacements in the service history
so its a common problem . Apparently some small cracks are ok but on the ones I inspected the cracks were severe and could not have been refitted. On the plus side if you are handy with the spanners replacement head and gasket are straight forward on this engine and its a good excuse to change the cam belt while you are at it :ok
Gordon
1989 Westfalia California 1.6 TD

Gozz82

Post by Gozz82 »

Cool cheers bud so if my head is cracked that's explains it all ay I've been told that the 1.9 aaz heads fit on the JX engine is that true ?

dsa
80-90 Mem No: 3186

Post by dsa »

Not sure about the 1.9 head fitting but I am sure someone on here will be able to help
Gordon
1989 Westfalia California 1.6 TD

clone123

Post by clone123 »

Hi mate just had a similar problem but when I started mine after leaving it stood over night water.About a cup full of water came out the exhaust then the white smoke when I took the head off and got it pressure tested found I had a crack in the head in the port where the injector and heater plug meet so I have just got a 1y 1.9d engine to put in while I recondition my jx 1.6td engine .
1985 RHD T25 hightop camper 1.9td 1Y engine
It's always easier with a friend