Fitting a buzzer on the headlights

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

i took my buzzer off after two days, before i got the hammer to it, i replaced it with a ultra bright flashing LeD on the dash near the door, much better at night / early in the morning......
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

dbroada
80-90 Mem No: 1701

Post by dbroada »

mocki wrote:much better at night / early in the morning......

but thats not when I leave my lights on. Its when I leave home in miserable weather with my lights on and forget to turn them off when I arrive at my destination in bright sunshine. :D
Dave
member 1701
schnecke' my van, an 84 1,9 watercooled hi-top

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

i can still see it on bright sunshine, its ultrabright! works for me.....the buzzer is fine unless you are loading up when others are asleep ect...
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Ages ago I fitted a yellow LED to dash LEDS and I've never left my lights on since. A buzzer will drive you nuts after a bit. If its not bad enough in this bleepy buzzy world.

Also, when my washer jets finally packed up I fitted lightup ones that come on with sidelights - hard to ignore those when you get out.

Better still, change your sidelights for LED replacements - that way you can't run your battery down even if left on. Its also environmentally sound as they last for years and years and draw millimamps - at most.

Fitting a buzzer may sound like the answer but with the rightt bulbs you shouldn't flatten your battery if you leave your lights on anyway. That way you're actually addressing the root cause of the problem - not adding a noise to remind you that your lights are depleting your battery. Lights on cars have moved on considerably in more recent years. One could be really purist about all this but to my mind, some advances are really worth having. Plenty of LED bulb stockists on Ebay and although theres an initial outlay, blown bulbs become a thing of the past and you won't flatten your battery. I can leave mine on for a week and not flatten it. Tail lights on T25s always were a bit dismal. The LED versions are brighter too.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

tonytech
80-90 Mem No: 477

Post by tonytech »

The Maplin kit I fitted bleeps for a few seconds if the lights are left on with door open and engine off. Then stops.

T
There are 10 kinds of people. those who understand Binary and those who dont