Spark plugs

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Spark plugs

Post by CovKid »

Cramped in other words. Will take a macro of the four prong ones that came off. Been in there perhaps 18 months.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Post by California Dreamin »

Like I said earlier....W7DP/WR7DP Platinum represent the best of both worlds, recommended by Bosch as being particularly suited to LPG installations these are a long life single electrode plug with improved starting characteristics.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Bosch-Plat ... 4d279c824b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

what2do
80-90 Mem No: 11974

Post by what2do »

Will look for some Platinums ready for the next service. Cheers.
Why would the glass be anything other than half full?

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

Interesting findings. I have Bosch singles too, though over on the samba they almost universally rave about NGK triple electrode plugs, including their resident famed engine builder tencent. So is it just tastes and trends?
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

California Dreamin

Nothing wrong with NGK's and over the years I've used both in my 2.1.
Interestingly and coming from a 'Main Dealer' background for Audi/Volkswagen and Mercedes. You are just as likely to pull out an NGK on the first main service as you are a Bosch.....and sometimes even a Beru.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

California Dreamin

As I am the only person on here recommending the WR7DP single electrode (Platinum) spark plug I just wanted to reassure owners that this isn't just some personnel preference but actually recommended by BOSCH for both the 1.9 & 2.1 petrol derivatives..... See:

http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com ... a1lce6dm8r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com ... agisfjb7ub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In their service catalogue they list several suitable plugs, including the Super 4 WR78 (4 electrode long life) the standard WR7DC+ (the most commonly supplied single electrode plug) an LPG specific plug (WR 6 KI 33 S)

AND ....the plug that I have been going on about the WR7DP ...which on another Bosch site is said to be suitable for both petrol and LPG.
These are long life and have better 'start' characteristics.
I have had a set in mine for the last 6 months with good results.....about £15 a set on fleabay but do last twice as long as standard plugs.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

Robzinfin
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Robzinfin »

Old thread but was looking for iridium plugs to fit my 1.9 dg - (syncro)
My ngk BUR6ET plugs seemed a bit lumpy, hesitating under load, I took it for a longer 80-90 kmh run then pulled the plugs to check, they all looked clean and nice color, light tan, one a little greyer,
I had referenced an iridium denso plug IW20TT and went to fit them but found they were not pin type like my leads. Non removable tips.
I took them to the benchgrinder and very carefully ground them down to just fit after testing with a removed spark plug lead.
I immediately noticed smoother idle, sounded more chuggy and idled a little quicker, smooth power and no hesitation under load,
I guess I just had a bad plug/s but they were less than 10tkm old triple electrode.
Happy as.
Rob
1968 Monaro
1990 tintop twin lock