Time to upgrade the interior ...?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Pwag20
80-90 Mem No: 11694

Time to upgrade the interior ...?

Post by Pwag20 »

I'm after some recommendations as the conversion of my interior was done in 1991 and whilst it still looks kind of ok the cupboard doors aren't staying shut (despite continual attention), the beds a bit of a chore to put down and it's definitely way past it's best. I'm in Folkestone, Kent and would be grateful for any recommendations for either a bit of an overhaul or compete new conversion. In terms of cost the former would be preferable but the later is also doable (I think!?).

I've Glastonbury and Latitude festival tickets this year and would love to get it attended to before either both or one of them but could also wait until after if needs be.

Judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid

Mk2Tony
80-90 Mem No: 13793

Re: Time to upgrade the interior ...?

Post by Mk2Tony »

Me and the wife decided to give our interior a lick of paint and a freshen up, two hours later and we had ripped everything out and are now going to do a complete rebuild inside. hopefully shouldn't be too hard, its nice to get everything out and give it a good clean, 34 years of dirt and grime behind all the units is never good :shock:
We just figured that if we rip it all out we have to replace it, so it gives you a kick up the a*se to do it!

Tony
T25 2L Aircooled Devon Moonraker 1981 "General Custard"

Tony, Rox & Pixie

MattBW
80-90 Mem No: 11790

Post by MattBW »

I was revamping an old one but after my van was finished I couldnt help but go for a new option.

I used Starlight Campers who can fit or provide them built for self fit.

1985 1.9TD AAZ -Starlight Interior
2015 California Beach

Tobias13
80-90 Mem No: 14723

Post by Tobias13 »

In a similar situation!!

I ripped out the interior and was thinking of carpeting the wardrobes and doing a new kitchen unit from scratch! Saw 2 vans at bus types with carpeted wardrobes and I was sold! Fresh, cheap and looked good!!

Take out the existing interior with care, u be surprised what you may reuse, and of course is good for templates!!
T25 holdsworth high top, 1.9dg LPG!!

dbz864
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 12098

Post by dbz864 »

id think long and hard before ripping an interior out, theres a lot of work involved in putting a new interior in, presuming you want to make it look nice.Id just improve yours.adam
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
- Marilyn Monroe