Dashboard disco.. you are invited, bring the missuss

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Bilson
80-90 Mem No: 14455

Dashboard disco.. you are invited, bring the missuss

Post by Bilson »

In fairness, due to fading light I haven't spent much time looking at this myself yet..

Picked the van up earlier, had mot last week, failed on headlight, of which both have been rusting, so had them replaced. Anyway, picked the van up today as it had trouble starting when I went to do so on friday..

A little while after getting back, I found the headlights don't work, well the sidelights do, and they also flash when indicating (while the indicators don't work). The indicators do work though, but they're my new full beams, the light on the dash that indicates full beam is on works well, and alternates with the green indicator light when indicating (flashing sidelights) and I have two flashing speeds controlled by my headlight switch. It's basically a party all round.... I've had a look at the fuses that seem fine, checked the connections to the headlights, one was a bit dodgy, but it seems like alot more is going on..

Like I said, I've not done much exploring yet, will do so tomorrow at first light, just wanted to put it up for any suggestions if suggestions are to be had.
Aircooled 2.0 CU Twin Solex Carbs

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Re: Dashboard disco.. you are invited, bring the missuss

Post by marlinowner »

I think you need to check the earth crowns, both the spade connections onto them, and also that the earth crowns themselves have good continuity to the van body. One earth crown is behind the fusebox and the other is in the equivalent position on the other side (sorry I'm a bit vague on this but my van has the fusebox etc in a different place).
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine

Bilson

Post by Bilson »

cheers man, will do so on the morrow..

edoh
80-90 Mem No: 3974

Post by edoh »

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=113658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can i bring my flares? :)
Owner of a red T25 fixed hi top campervan - colour - spikey red - petrol - water cooled - 1.9 dg engine rhd - 1990 g reg n still going strong!-

Bilson

Post by Bilson »

party was shut down about an hour ago, cleaned the connections to the earth crown, all is now well

edoh
80-90 Mem No: 3974

Post by edoh »

:ok
Owner of a red T25 fixed hi top campervan - colour - spikey red - petrol - water cooled - 1.9 dg engine rhd - 1990 g reg n still going strong!-