Dizzy refurb

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

what2do
80-90 Mem No: 11974

Dizzy refurb

Post by what2do »

Decided to have a play at the dining room table I clean up an old dizzy that I have. I've yet to look for info in Bentley, but can anyone post links to threads involved with checking/measuring/maintaining, etc.please. Doesn't have a vacuum unit so I'll need to source one as well as a new oil seal, is it worth changing the hall sender as a matter of course? Other tips much appreciated.

Many thanks, Mitch.
Why would the glass be anything other than half full?

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Re: Dizzy refurb

Post by 300CE »

Hi Mitch, have a look at the link below for a thread I posted up re my dizzy as there's some really helpful info & pics mate:

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=138696" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'86 DG, Weber Carb

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

Was just about to post that link, beat me too it :D

Have a look at the price of a hall sender ( jk is about the only company selling) and note the different connector style, then leave the old one.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

what2do
80-90 Mem No: 11974

Post by what2do »

a***!!! Someone has obviously had a play with the dizzy, the cap was taped on with bits rattling around inside. Turns out that the felt is missing, as to is the securing pin down by the hall sender plate, the screws for fastening the vacuum unit onto the body and possibly some others. Cheesed off as I was hoping for a little table top project, I imagine it's nigh on impossible to obtain these few little items or at least economically non-viable.
Why would the glass be anything other than half full?

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.