Tail Light, Front Side Light & Full Beam issues

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jonnydub
80-90 Mem No: 13860

Tail Light, Front Side Light & Full Beam issues

Post by jonnydub »

Hey Guys,

Wondered if anyone can help with an issue i'm currently investigating which I'm not sure is related to each other or not.

This is a 1982 Aircooled 2.0 LHD.

Currently having issues with the rear light on the left hand side (right hand side works fine). All other lights on the cluster work ok (e.g indicator, reverse light, fog light & brake light) so I believe the problem is either the wiring to the fuse box, or the fuse box itself.

I have checked the fuses, earth connections and have checked and double checked the bulb.

Can anyone tell me where this connection feeds into the fuse box so I can check continuity?

The second issue is that maybe/may not be related is that the front sidelight on the left hand side also isn't working. Tested different bulbs and checked with a multimeter and there is no power coming from the White/Black wire. The headlight is working (2nd switch) however if full beam is turned on the headlight turns itself off. Again I would like to check continuity but unsure where this feeds into the fuse box.

Unfortunately I do not have the correct wiring diagram to hand but have just ordered the green Haynes manual so until it arrives i'm just twiddling my thumbs.

Thanks

J

jonnydub
80-90 Mem No: 13860

Re: Tail Light, Front Side Light & Full Beam issues

Post by jonnydub »

After going through the wiring with a multimeter and checking all the contacts I've managed to fix the rear light issue. Suspected wiring connection fault at the switch.

Still have the headlight issue with full beam but at least I know they are not related.