coolant light flashing dg code motor

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

banana
80-90 Mem No: 2517

Post by banana »

I has this. the sensor terminals may be getting moisture from hair line crack or other fine leaks. Once engine gets hot it evaporates and the circuit opens again, light goes off. See if the terminals are wet at all when engine is cold. If so change sensor.
Im not the first and I wont be the last

Don-Tucker
80-90 Mem No: 2583

Post by Don-Tucker »

You got to tell us what it was so one of us can say " I told you" :lol:
Don
1991 T25 1.9 DG Autosleeper

ROBS T25
80-90 Mem No: 2292

Post by ROBS T25 »

ok you lot explain this went to treaddur bay on thurs the guts of 90 mls light flashing the whole way down there next day started van up to put a bit of charge in my batterys and light went straight out after 5 secs or so and been like that since not that im complaining just head is boggled now definately think its an earthing problem
also i now have no brake lights only when i stamp on the brakes but i have changed the switch a few months ago so philippacman is gonna bleed the system through for me as im also gettin a pulsating brake pedal so will let you know how i get on but anymore thoughts on both issues will be greatly appreciated
cheers for the info so far!!! :) :)
There are 3 kinds of people in this world.......
those who can count and those who cant!!!!!!!

ROBS T25

Post by ROBS T25 »

anyone any info on above mentioined?????

ROBS T25

Post by ROBS T25 »

well have sorted my brake lights now they come on at the slightest touch of the pedal switch was knackered light has not been flashing since trip home few secs and back of so will leave it for now see what happens

SplendiferousII
80-90 Mem No: 2893

Post by SplendiferousII »

Might as well join in too.

On start up my light comes on and stays on and the temp gauge goes to full scale deflection (hot) and stays there.

After a few miles it drops back and works normally.

Once the top of my sensor broke off and all the water bew out over the engine. First thing I noticed was the light came on and the gauge went straight to full scale deflection. I looked in the mirror to see clouds of steam out of the back.

Steams good I thought as it means there is still water at least.

I had only lost a gallon or so of water. I topped it up and drove on without the sensor (non pressureised system)

I put in a new sensor and all was back to normal. Light on and full scale deflection for first few miles then out and all worked normally.