Electrolux RM 122 switch position

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Retro Restore
80-90 Mem No: 0

Electrolux RM 122 switch position

Post by Retro Restore »

Hi the fridge in my 1982 Viking conversion has no dial on the switch. The switch is mounted on top of the fridge in the centre, does anybody have an image showing what the switch positions are, as the panel above the fridge is also missing, does anyone know where I can get a replacement panel and switch dial from.

Cheers
Pictures of the bus https://db.tt/cnVGIl7o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CJH
80-90 Mem No: 12576

Re: Electrolux RM 122 switch position

Post by CJH »

That's the mains/12V selector. In my 1983 Viking it's a four position switch - 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock are both 'off' positions, 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock are 12V and 240V, but I can't remember which is which. Trouble is, there's no indicator light to show that it's on, and it takes a good long time to cool down, so it's difficult to know whether it's powered. The markings in the dial will be fixed with respect to the flat on the spindle though, so I'll check that out and report back this evening.
"I'm a man of means, by no means....King of the Road!"

1983 Viking Xplorer, 2.1DJ

CJH
80-90 Mem No: 12576

Post by CJH »

This is the switch position when the flat of the spindle is across the top:

"I'm a man of means, by no means....King of the Road!"

1983 Viking Xplorer, 2.1DJ

Retro Restore
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Retro Restore »

Thank you CJH, I found out the 12 volt position by accident as it was left on overnight, and flattened the battery, been away in the bus this weekend, the fridge is working on 12 volt, mains, and gas, just need to find a dial now.

Cheers

:D
Pictures of the bus https://db.tt/cnVGIl7o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;