To tint or not to tint.

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Re: To tint or not to tint.

Post by 1664 »

slowbus wrote:Is it possible to do in camper vans such as Westies or Autosleepers? Do the wardrobes have to come out for access? There is about a 2 inch gap between wardrobe and glass.
Cheers
You can tint with the glass in situ. Just a damn sight easier if it's out.
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

1664 wrote:
slowbus wrote:Is it possible to do in camper vans such as Westies or Autosleepers? Do the wardrobes have to come out for access? There is about a 2 inch gap between wardrobe and glass.
Cheers
You can't do the LHR on a Westy in situ. The cupboard's WAY too close.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

I did all mine in situ .
Only hard ones are the factory sliding windows.
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

slowbus
80-90 Mem No: 3678

Post by slowbus »

1664 wrote:
Cheers
I don't fancy taking mine out at the mo'. think i'll stick with my silverscreens just now
thanks for the info

discipleofsketch
80-90 Mem No: 11538

Post by discipleofsketch »

I had mine done in Limo (excluding the cab) earlier in the year and couldn't be happier, for reasons most people have mentioned - before I had them tinted I felt like I was in a goldfish bowl sometimes, if I parked up having a cup of tea or working on my laptop. I've also stuck in some curtains that run behind the cab seats, so it now feels more like my panel van did.

As for getting them done - I paid someone. I'm self employed so it usually works out better to pay a professional to do the job quickly while I earn the money to pay them, than it does for me to take time off to do it slowly and badly myself. First place I spoke to said he wouldn't do it without removing the window seals, and wouldn't remove my windows seals as he was scared of what was underneath :)

Second person said no problem doing it with the seals in place, and he did a good job.
Former owner of 1983 DG panel van and 1983 Devon moonraker pop-top, 1.9 tdi (1z) conversion

discipleofsketch
80-90 Mem No: 11538

Post by discipleofsketch »

slowbus wrote:
1664 wrote:
Cheers
I don't fancy taking mine out at the mo'. think i'll stick with my silverscreens just now
thanks for the info

Bloke that did mine managed to do it with the wardrobe in place (devon wardrobe, very narrow gap). I think the film was cut to shape on the outside of the window, then just slid behind the wardrobe inside.
Former owner of 1983 DG panel van and 1983 Devon moonraker pop-top, 1.9 tdi (1z) conversion