quality parts manufacturers

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

blacky
80-90 Mem No: 11413

Re: quality parts manufacturers

Post by blacky »

I have also had a problem with handbrake cable being .5mm too big for (non corroded) hole in backplate and simply removed a tad from o/d of plastic to allow it to slide comfortably into backplate. As for C.V. joints lobro were allways good. It's nice to see someone policing the quality of aftermarket parts as there's more crap being added daily. Pages are now supplying filtron filters which are made in Poland. Not a country with great engineering traditions, I've told them to supply me with Mann filters only as they did previously. I always ask what make parts are when ordering as quality is just as important as price, or even more so. Some of the chinese plastic bumpers and body panels are just money down the drain.Suspension bushes that don't last more than a few months,vetech crap as has been mentioned. If you fit these things and customer comes back after a few months then you look the fool and you have to do job again gratis when you could have been earning money.

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Do you mean Vtech or vetech or ... Blacky? can't find them listed on Google

You're dead right about wasted time money, reputation etc but there's also another point that goverments aren't taking seriously..

the environmental cost of throw away goods, such as tools that cost £5 but last 5 minutes, copper, nickel iron etc much of which ends up in land fill, even if recycled, it's all energy.
Bum parts, bum equipment, e.g. a lot of Roslon stuff, some Chinky stuff doesn't even work when delivered new!!! That has been mined, processed into raw mat'ls, manufactured. shiipped a round the world, never used and chucked away, with all the middle men earning bucks, but the world is the poorer...

Time govts stopped allowing the importation of crap gear... but they won't 'cos many haven't the wit to devise a sensibl;e strategy, or too afraid of upsetting someone a million miles away
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

rob1927
80-90 Mem No: 11027

Post by rob1927 »

I agree with you Harryman, unfortunatley we live in a take make and throw away society, i think its the same all across the board not just car parts, furniture, electrical goods, clothing, footwear etc none of it lasts 5 minutes, and its probably not meant too, it keeps the corporations in buisness.
It definatley pays to buy the best we can afford when it comes to anything i think. Sometimes its tempting to buy something cheaper, i made the mistake of buying a cheap torque wrench just a few ago and its already knackered. :cry:

I shelled out a fair few quid on a decent bacho socket set my girlfriend went ape but i'll be using them in 25 years(still trying to get the same buggered van running no doubt!) :D

To put my bit in regarding parts suppliers i emailed and telephoned bluebird for delivery costs for a fullsize rock and roll bed with foams to finland where i'm now living(bolton originally), that was 7 weeks ago, still heard nowt, so i bought a welder and some box section and made my own, photos coming soon. :lol:

Could anyone recommend a reputable supplier of a reconditioned turbo for my JX?

Thanks for the great thread! :ok
Proud owner of my 1.6TD JX '89 Caravelle, other wise known as -'that which is usually broke'.

blacky
80-90 Mem No: 11413

Post by blacky »

HarryMann wrote:Do you mean Vtech or vetech or ... Blacky? can't find them listed on Google

You're dead right about wasted time money, reputation etc but there's also another point that goverments aren't taking seriously..

the environmental cost opf throw away goods, such as tools that cost £5 but last 5 minutes, copper, nickel iron etc much of hich ends up in land fill, even if recycled, its all energy.
Bum parts, bum equipment, e.g. a lot of Rolson stuff, some Chinkly stuff doesn't even work when delivered new!!! That has been mined, processed into raw mat'ls, manufactured. shiipped a round the world, never used and chucked away, with all the middle men earning bucks, but the world is the poorer...

Time govts stopped allowing the importation of crap gear... but they won't 'cos many haven't the wit to devise a sensibl;e strategy, or too afraid of upsetting someone a million miles away
From memory Harry it's vetech, but I don't use them as once was enough to convince me. and you're dead right about enviromental cost, though I had never considered it from that angle before.

ddogstar
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by ddogstar »

Hi are EGC PERFORMANCE GERMANY any good?

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Er, at making profits? or parts? :)
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

what2do
80-90 Mem No: 11974

Post by what2do »

I'm on the lookout for a new silencer for my DG, any recommendations? I've got about a budget of approx £5000, yes that's right £5000. My math are based on the following: for the last few days, i've driving the van without the silencer even fitted and it sounds pretty much like a mighty tuned Scooby would sound with a few extra pistons thrown in for good measure!!!

On a country road with no traffic, my 8 year old lad is encouraging me to 'give it some beans', you can imagine the roar. Thus, if all I wanted was an improved sound from the engine - I'm quids in with my less than 5 grand conversion!!!!! It is a bit tragic at school drop off as I daren't leave before all the other parents have gone and even then the engine is only just above tick over (thank God it's a genuinely good runner at idle).

However, yesterday, a car with 4 'youths' hooted me and gave the thumbs up - I was stationary at a roundabout for Pete's sake. Oh the shame of it lol. Anyways, a new bit of pipe is required soon, help please. Cheers.
Why would the glass be anything other than half full?

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

Not for the van, but has anybody ever heard of "Corteco" parts? It's an input shaft seal, whilst I'm doing the Pug clutch, so not something to get wrong.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

AdrianC wrote:Not for the van, but has anybody ever heard of "Corteco" parts? It's an input shaft seal, whilst I'm doing the Pug clutch, so not something to get wrong.

Right, I've asked our bearings & transmissions supplier and Corteco make a lot of OEM and 'protected' parts ... in other words parts which you cannot buy direct from them but only through the vehicle/plant manufacturer. So you may have no option anyway but to use them.

Ian
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

Ian Hulley wrote:
AdrianC wrote:Not for the van, but has anybody ever heard of "Corteco" parts? It's an input shaft seal, whilst I'm doing the Pug clutch, so not something to get wrong.

Right, I've asked our bearings & transmissions supplier and Corteco make a lot of OEM and 'protected' parts ... in other words parts which you cannot buy direct from them but only through the vehicle/plant manufacturer. So you may have no option anyway but to use them.

Thanks for that, Ian - sounds like they're more likely to be decent than crap, then.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

Guess it depends what crap you're fitting them to :lol:
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

As an update, CV joints sold by 'B and B' (ebay) last six months at most. Cheese variety I think - possibly dairylea. I gave them every chance but two began to clank within two months and all four were totally shot after 6 months. I replaced them with the best quality ones from GSF and they've been fine over a year later. Very difficult to spot the poor quality ones but as a rule of thumb if you don't see blued metal on the area that encases the steel balls, chances are they are the cheese ones. Other items from 'B and B' have been ok.

I should add, I'm not one to post such a negative appraisal but they WERE bad. Guarantee (which they do offer) seemed worthless as they'd have only sent out the same ones and I'd have been doing the whole job yet again. No condemnation of 'B and B' as a whole, just that their CV joints were not of a high quality.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

g60steve
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Insulated Sliding Doors

Post by g60steve »

bhuvanmishra wrote:Company should manufacture some excellent range of Manual Sliding Doors for the esteemed clients. The insulatedsliding doors should be best in class both in terms of design and durability. Energy efficient Imperial doors stand up to rugged traffic conditions. Sliding GRP doors have become increasingly popular, both in new buildings and as replacements for existing hinged single and double action doors. The sliding GRP doors are manufactured from reinforced polyester and contain no organic material. The Flux Doors offers a proven individual door system solution where insulation, minimum headroom of only 160mm, high security and large openings are being considered. Manual operation with optional electrical drive.

Mmm Spam on a Friday morning!
There's no 'r' in bought!

gavb
80-90 Mem No: 9023

Post by gavb »

where is the best place to get quality/good fitting heat exchangers?
Can anyone smell petrol ?!!

Jim D
80-90 Mem No: 11522

Post by Jim D »

How good are the febi rear wheel bearings, mine need doing for my MOT and brickwerks are out of stock at the moment.

Thanks

Jim
1988 1.9td (AFN) high-top, pop top, Weinsberg LHD