Full time camping

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

discipleofsketch
80-90 Mem No: 11538

Re: Full time camping

Post by discipleofsketch »

Hi - loving reading this thread!

I'm about to pick up my second T25 tomorrow, after a 13 year gap in T25 ownership - my last one was in 1997, a panel van. I lived in it for six months, mostly in spain - there's a pic here wild camping in the alpujarras, southern spain:-

That was mostly off-grid living - and it did get cold at night in the mountains, even in spain. I had no heater, but would occasionally light the oven on a frosty morning and leave the door ajar :D

The new one is more of a family camper, but hopefully will be taking some extended trips in it!
Former owner of 1983 DG panel van and 1983 Devon moonraker pop-top, 1.9 tdi (1z) conversion

PBY
80-90 Mem No: 5280

Post by PBY »

It's evenings like this that makes it all worthwhile, sitting in the country, cold beer, reading, saturated in the evening sunlight, fantastic! :ok
I hate the wind!

PBY
80-90 Mem No: 5280

Post by PBY »

Decided to make my own thermal wrap for the bellows and place on the inside reflecting the heat back in, cut a hole / flap for the front window and make the whole thing removable if the wind gets right up! (50-60mph gusts are a bit of a pain) Where to get thermal stuff from, thats the question?
I hate the wind!

mpl_gr
80-90 Mem No: 11237

Post by mpl_gr »

I've recently insulated the whole van with foil bubble wrap type insulation and am about to order some more to make my own bellows thermal. Do a search on eBay for foil insulation or camper insulation.

Made a hell of a difference doing all the panels so hopefully the bellows will make it even toastier.

Shem
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Shem »

Havnt read all the posts, but good luck. A mate of mine did it for 5 years between Wales and Portugal. Myself and the wife debate it all the time, but hold back to to wanting the kids to have the education theyre currently having. We did a 6 weeker this summer and loved it tho. Enjoy and good luck