Devon Cornwall

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

paulflan1958
80-90 Mem No: 10336

Devon Cornwall

Post by paulflan1958 »

Hi All
Thinking of going to Devon or Cornwall next year any suggestions on some site's

keehotee
80-90 Mem No: 10044

Re: Devon Cornwall

Post by keehotee »

Henry's Campsite in Lizard. Can't recommend it highly enough :)
1988 1.6TD Caravelle pure homebrew :)

DaveandMarion
80-90 Mem No: 10366

Post by DaveandMarion »

Beer Head camp site in Beer, Devon.

http://www.beer-head.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£7 per adult per night and £2 for hookup. Good washing up and toilet facilities and remember 50p for the shower :-)

You just camp up wherever you want and every morning the old chap comes around to take your money.

Proper old school family run site with fantastic views of the coastline and the sea. Great cliff top walks and a village that hasn't changed in 40 years. At the bottom of the hill from the site is the Anchor inn. Good pub grub and beer garden on the cliff top.

I'm slightly biased as I've been there every year for 30 years and before that my grandparents had a static caravan there.

PetenAli
80-90 Mem No: 8569

Post by PetenAli »

keehotee wrote:Henry's Campsite in Lizard. Can't recommend it highly enough :)

Seconded ^^^^^^^^ We use Henry's a lot - you'll need to book though if going in the summer hols. We tend to go out of season.

Also Treen is good and Tregiffian near Sennen. Treen beach is one of the best in Cornwall if you don't want to surf and Gwynver (right below Tregiffian) is a great surfing beach.

PM me if you want some coordinates for wild camping.
1987 Westy Syncro 2.5 DJ (Courtesy of 025MOTORSPORT)

Syncronaut #171

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

keehotee wrote:Henry's Campsite in Lizard. Can't recommend it highly enough :)
+1.............warm scones in the morning from the farm. A pub and a chippy in the village too

We walked to Kynance Cove then over to Cadgwith and back to Lizard. Great walk

Also I love Padstow and Dennis Cove campsite is the nearest you can get. By the camel trail too and just a 10 minute traffic free stroll to the harbour all on the flat....beer, pasties, ice cream, sea and sand. Excellent walk to the pepperpot and onto Trevone. The back through crugmere via Rivleaux Place to Padstow

We also went to Headlands site in Tintagel and got the bus to Boscastle. After a nice cream tea at the Harbourlight it was an excellent coast walk back to Tintagel

Also Porthtowan Tourist park is a great site too, as is Porthtowan beach and the blue bar. Got a bus to St Agnes then walked down to trevenance cove and back to Porthtowan via the coastal tin mine ruins. Park in redruth and get the train to St Ives :ok

Have you spotted that we like walking?