AAZ water leak....

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sundial
80-90 Mem No: 4778

AAZ water leak....

Post by sundial »

Hi

Just looking for reassurace....

Since upgrading my rubber pipes to the Brickwerks ones, I'm suffering from a water leak.

I am finding water settling in the engine metal work just below the head water flange, I replaced this flange as part of the AAZ upgrade (about 2 years ago).

I've redone both hose connections onto the flange, dried the engine and then ran it hot - nothing showed signs of leaking...

Only after checking sometime later (when the engine has cooled) water is found again..??

I cannot tell if its leaking from the flange or either pipe as no water can be seen....

I was more concerned thats its nor related to the pipes or the flange at all and could be leaking from the head gasket, could this be possible?

My oil has no signs of water in it..

I hope its the pipes or flange but think it may be worse, any ideas..??

Thanks Keiron

ringo
80-90 Mem No: 1375

AAZ water leak....

Post by ringo »

I suffered with the connection to that water flange. What sort of clip have you got on the hose?
Try adding another jubilee clip to see if that stops it?
Could be worth adding a dose of rad weld (or the better one which I can't remember the name of)?

Good luck,

Ringo
Now driving a big bad VW LT Florida.

pocolow
80-90 Mem No: 6300

Re: AAZ water leak....

Post by pocolow »

ringo wrote:I suffered with the connection to that water flange. What sort of clip have you got on the hose?
Try adding another jubilee clip to see if that stops it?
Could be worth adding a dose of rad weld (or the better one which I can't remember the name of)?

Good luck,

Ringo
K seal.... :ok
thecampervanman.blogspot.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/#!/Pocolow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sundial
80-90 Mem No: 4778

Re: AAZ water leak....

Post by sundial »

Have done a lot more poking around by the said hoses...

And found that coolant appears to 'bubble' from under the flange when any pressure is applied..!!

Took the flange off last night, cleaned and smeared with a bit of gasket seal...

Haven't tried it yet but I guess the 250 mile trip to bustypes will do that for me...

See you there....I hope...

Ta Keiron