DG to 1Z swap

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Nij
80-90 Mem No: 10199

DG to 1Z swap

Post by Nij »

Hi guys.

I am looking to run a Golf with a 1Z engine for a year or so, just wondering if at the end of the life of the car the engine would fit in my bus easilly enough?

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Re: DG to 1Z swap

Post by lloydy »

Does fit, but as your going from petrol, you will need a big list of T25 diesel bits. Plus of course putting longer gears in the gearbox so you dont end up having a lower top speed
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Nij

Post by Nij »

lloydy wrote:Does fit, but as your going from petrol, you will need a big list of T25 diesel bits. Plus of course putting longer gears in the gearbox so you dont end up having a lower top speed
What bits would i need to aquire? I have the full golf to strip?
A normal T25 diesel box be ok?

Sorry mate, new to this and never considered a Derv conversion, just the car came up at the right price :)

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

You need T25 diesel bits, like engine bars, sump, exhaust, loom, air filter and housing, diesel snorkel, diesel bellhousing, diesel clutch. And probably lots of other bits i don't know about. Billy numbers might be able to help with all those bits. It's not a cheap conversion. You could probably import a tencent WBX or get silverbullet/toomanytoys to build you a perfect WBX. Personally if i had a petrol 2WD, i'd stay petrol. Unless of course you just HAVE to have a diesel.
Not trying to put you off, i am having a tdi put in now and i will love it. Just that mine was already a diesel
lloyd
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Nij

Post by Nij »

lloydy wrote:You need T25 diesel bits, like engine bars, sump, exhaust, loom, air filter and housing, diesel snorkel, diesel bellhousing, diesel clutch. And probably lots of other bits i don't know about. Billy numbers might be able to help with all those bits. It's not a cheap conversion. You could probably import a tencent WBX or get silverbullet/toomanytoys to build you a perfect WBX. Personally if i had a petrol 2WD, i'd stay petrol. Unless of course you just HAVE to have a diesel.
Not trying to put you off, i am having a tdi put in now and i will love it. Just that mine was already a diesel
lloyd

TBH the plan was to go down the LPG route, just a thought when I bought the Golf if it was a cheap conversion then id do it.
Ill stick with plan A - my WBX is sound and runs like a dream :)