1Y diesal pipes keep breaking ??

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

phoog

1Y diesal pipes keep breaking ??

Post by phoog »

i've got a 1Y and in the last 4 months I've got through 6 pipes (the thick walled ones between the pump and the head) I put it down to bad luck at first but now I'm wondering if theres an undelying problem, they've cracked, snapped and worked loose, all 4
any ideas gratefully received :?

ewenmaclean
80-90 Mem No: 7306

Re: 1Y diesal pipes keep breaking ??

Post by ewenmaclean »

Hello,

have you got enough clips on them to keep them steady? The vibration and shocks from the pump tend to make these split, so they need the clips - can't seem to find a link to them just at the moment, but they are generally black plastic.

Ewen

phoog

Post by phoog »

yeah the clips were all on ok on the last 3 times !!!

psychonaut
80-90 Mem No: 6751

Post by psychonaut »

Just a thought Phoog - there's nothing on the engine hatch lid fouling them when it's on is there? And is the pump properly secured to the block so there's no excessive vibration of the pump?
"There are many paths to redemption.
Not all of them are peaceful...."

Click here for some Visionary 'Nauts.....

For more unchartered heights of disgrace just ring 07872 069462

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

Have you deffo got a 'matched' set up ? ie deffo a 1Y block/injectors + pump ? If you are running non 1Y injectors or pump the lines could very well be under stress as they are not an exact fit.

phoog

Post by phoog »

thanx for the replys heres nothing fouling the lines but I've no real idea if the pump/injectors match as the engine was in there when I got it and I don't really know how to tell. I think the pump was replaced at some time as theres paint on the nuts/bolts etc which is what breakers do,
I'm off to check the pumps properly secured !

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

part numbers?