Fuel hose q

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wee bugger
80-90 Mem No: 3238

Fuel hose q

Post by wee bugger »

:oops: Ok, so just as everything looks to be going well prior to summer starting....today i found one of the fuel hoses split/perished and diesel all over engine (if you are reading this and havent checked yours recently, take 5 mins and go do it now :) ).

its a 1.6d and its here where it leads to/from(?) the end plug-

- so my question is this: is it as simple as just cutting new lengths and replacing? I cant see why not, but just wanna check first

cheers in advance for any answers( and words of encouragement as i tend to shy away from the engine normally :oops:)

Chris

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Re: Fuel hose q

Post by Red Westie »

Indeed..fuel leakoff pipes, as you say just cut new lengths and push them on.
Not as dangerous as you might think as diesel is pretty difficult to catch fire..not at all like petrol which under the same circumstances is lethal (very volatile)

Martin
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx

wee bugger

Post by wee bugger »

cheers..now attempting to find rights size! easy? should be, but i measured the pipe as 3mm, possibly even slightly smaller? - have found (and bought) 3.2 and 3.4mm hose but both seem noticeabley bigger to the eye...unfortunately i cant test as van is in Glasgow, and i'm in Banbury this week :roll: Can anyone who has changed before, help with the correct size?

Have tried a couple of motor factors down here and got 3.2mm, but as i say it looks larger. Found 3mm on ebay, but turns out its 3.2mm also. Web says halfrauds do 3mm, but the ones i tried yesterday just gave me blank looks (as usual...that said, i always find if you get one of the "older lady" assistants they can be very helpful, and embarassingly knowledgeable :oops: )

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Post by Red Westie »

Correct part:

http://www.brickwerks.co.uk/shop?page=s ... ory_id=111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx

wee bugger

Post by wee bugger »

cool..found it five minutes ago by looking for the correct name rather than fuel pie

thanks again Red