Reliable NW garage?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pinkypinky
80-90 Mem No: 0

Reliable NW garage?

Post by pinkypinky »

Hi,
I need my 1.9 petrol valves replacing and cylinder head putting back on (long story) and the engine putting back in the van. I have seen the website for Accrington Beeltes & Campers and also for manchester Air cooled, and was wondering if anyone could recommend either one of these or anywhere else to try,
many thanks
Sarah

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: Reliable NW garage?

Post by slowcoach »

manc air cooled are excellent in my opinion. been there a good few times over the last couple of years- nice guys, good value and great work are all ive seen there.
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

www.brickwerks.co.uk - Huddersfield

www.gasure.co.uk - Chester

not exactly local but if you are having to get the van towed to a garage you may as well take it to the best

jake1953
80-90 Mem No: 6196

Post by jake1953 »

I use Walton Summit Mot centre (01772 698754) On the industrial estate of the same name in Bamber Bridge (just south of Preston J29)
They are not VW specific But I have seen a caravelle having an engine change/overhaul being done also loads of vintage/classic cars are taken there. Ask for Peter.
I have no affilliation with the company but I work on the same estate and he gets a great reputation. However be prepared, he won't be rushed.

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

jake1953 wrote:I use Walton Summit Mot centre (01772 698754) On the industrial estate of the same name in Bamber Bridge (just south of Preston J29)
They are not VW specific But I have seen a caravelle having an engine change/overhaul being done also loads of vintage/classic cars are taken there. Ask for Peter.
I have no affilliation with the company but I work on the same estate and he gets a great reputation. However be prepared, he won't be rushed.
He fit me in on spec to re-adjust my headlights and didn't want anything for it. Nice guy

nevill3
80-90 Mem No: 8062
Location: UK Lake District, Early 1.6D CS now 4 speed gearbox

Post by nevill3 »

Hi I own three VW's and I get them all serviced and fettled at http://kendalvwcentre.com/ Peter and Ian are great guys with loads of experience and a passion for all things VAG....they didn't particularly like an Audi I bought a few years ago but soon forgave me when I sold it and bought my T25 camper!!!!

Kendal is not that far from you, also have you heard of the local VW Clubhttp://furnessvw.freeforums.org/index.php they are a great bunch and always willing to help.... just like the folks on here
1983 1.6D cs PopTop Camper

Baysbrown Farm Campsite, Lake District