headlight adaptors

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

janieh
80-90 Mem No: 7991

headlight adaptors

Post by janieh »

Hello all

Some help would be appreciated with fitting headlight adaptors. I'm so confused! We have a LHD 1988 1.6tD. When we bought it, it was fitted with adaptors on the headlights to make them suitable for driving in the UK. We then took them off to go on holiday to France. Now I need to refit some adaptors - we've got the Eurolites that foreign cars use when visiting the UK.

However, on the list of vehicles the VW isn't listed - they're all more modern. Therefore I think I have to use diagram 150 for traditional line patterned headlights. It just doesn't seem to match up with the way our headlights look. I've linked to some photos below. I'm thinking that the sticker needs to be on the right hand side of the lamp, covering up the wedge of slightly curved lines. Does that sound right?

https://picasaweb.google.com/jane.hersey/VanLights#

Does anyone have any ideas or had to do this themselves? or if you have a pic of how you've done it that would be fantastic!
thanks for your help!
Jane.
1998 Westfalia Club Joker, 1.6l TD

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Re: headlight adaptors

Post by R0B »

I would get some of these from Brickwerks these are made with our vans in mind
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

janieh
80-90 Mem No: 7991

Re: headlight adaptors

Post by janieh »

R0B wrote:I would get some of these from Brickwerks these are made with our vans in mind

thanks very much! very helpful. I hadn't thought to look there and just got the other ones on the ferry. These ones look much easier to understand!
1998 Westfalia Club Joker, 1.6l TD