NEW VENUE UP 4 GRABS

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

markshev

Re: NEW VENUE UP 4 GRABS

Post by markshev »

Just wondered how this weekend is developing. Can I view the list of people who will be attending anywere? If so would someone kindly post a link?
Not being nosey but as one of the volunteers at Shirebrook Staff I am interested to know

Look Forward to seeing you all
Mark

redsteamer

Post by redsteamer »

hiya all hope your all well,i`ve been approached by the VWT2OC wondering if the 80-90 and themselves would be interested in holding a joint rally over at Shirebrook next May/June,it sounds like a very good idea as the chap i`m in contact with is in an irish band and more than likely bring them over to play for us all,we could have a right old knees up.I know its way off yet,but i`d like to strike while the irons still hot and all that,just a thought folks,it could be a big un.Any updates on the november meet as we hav`nt heard anything since it got mentioned last.All the best Ross.....www.shirebrookstaff.co.uk

burwood55
80-90 Mem No: 8410

Post by burwood55 »

Hi Guys, fairly new to all this (very new in fact, my van is having it's first outing this weekend to Dub Odyssey). Sorry I missed the Shirebrook meet as it's only just up the road. Look forward to seeing more about the November one. What's 'the duke' everyone keeps mentioning? Sorry for being thick but I don't want to be missing out now I'm here do I??
Andy
1982 2.0 Aircooled Devon Moonraker

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

you will need to fill this in http://www.club80-90.co.uk/pages/membershipform.html once processed you will have access to the members only section.where you can view the list..

Can I view the list of people who will be attending anywere?
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

redsteamer wrote:the VWT2OC wondering if the 80-90 and themselves would be interested in holding a joint rally
well they havent been in contact with us...
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

burwood55 wrote: What's 'the duke' everyone keeps mentioning?

It is the Official 80-90 Christmas party weekend organised by myself, and it is held the first weekend of December every year at The Duke of York on the A515 near Flagg. Best bank on it being around -5 and sort some heating out if you wish to come along There are limited hook-ups ... and these are allocated by me to those who need them the most NOT in first come first served basis. There are people who regularly attend these events who have a real need for heating.

Full details will be available nearer the time in Club Trips etc.

Ian
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Post by Red Westie »

Ian Hulley wrote:

It is the Official 80-90 Christmas party weekend organised by myself, and it is held the first weekend of December every year at The Duke of York on the A515 near Flagg. Best bank on it being around -5 and sort some heating out if you wish to come along There are limited hook-ups ... and these are allocated by me to those who need them the most NOT in first come first served basis. There are people who regularly attend these events who have a real need for heating.

Full details will be available nearer the time in Club Trips etc.

Ian
Ian...this does prompt the question: why on earth are we using this inadequate venue for what you are advertising as the 'Official Christmas Party'
I love the Duke and it works well for most events but I suggest not for something as potentially big as a Christmas doo.
The Christmas doo should be inclusive in every way, numbers shouldn't be an issue and facilities should be adequate for any eventuality so just 5 hookups, 1 outside loo and 1 shower? isn't adequate 'in my opinion' given the time of year and numbers wanting to attend.
Last christmas the total number of vans that attended (both events) exceeded 50 that must have been 100-120 people? It is likely to be even bigger this year!
Ian, I can understand you have a vested interest in this venue, as in 'it's local to you and you have always had the do there' but isn't it time we looked elsewhere given that the club has now outgrown this venue.
Also: '
A small point: If this is an official event already booked and on the calender, why is it not posted in general camping and events? how do people avoid double booking when organised events have not been posted.

Martin
Last edited by Red Westie on 22 Aug 2010, 13:01, edited 2 times in total.
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx

72BUG
80-90 Mem No: 7393

Post by 72BUG »

Here we go again!
Martin.

Diesel is an engine not a fuel.

I liked camping so much I went full time.

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Post by Red Westie »

Well....it's best said now when there is time to debate and with the time to change things rather than having the debarckle we had last year!

Martin
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx

redsteamer

Post by redsteamer »

Mocki wrote:
redsteamer wrote:the VWT2OC wondering if the 80-90 and themselves would be interested in holding a joint rally
well they havent been in contact with us...
thats because its very early days,they`ve seen our website with the photos from the last 8090 event and got in touch with me to ask if i could pass on a contact name to have a chat regarding trying hopefully to organise something,which i have done....ok

Rozzo
80-90 Mem No: 3339

Post by Rozzo »

hey ross m8
not heard from the chap yet but will sort something when i do.
LT owner and positively rattling around with the new found space
member 3339

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

Red Westie wrote:Well....it's best said now when there is time to debate and with the time to change things rather than having the debarckle we had last year!

Martin

There IS no debate, The Duke is booked and indeed was before we left last year. Posting it in Club camps leads to premature lists forming and the hard of thinking will forget where and when they were supposed to be.

End of.

As for any 'debacle' that was another case of people interfering without knowing what they were on about, there was no 'debacle' up at the Duke I can assure you.

Ian
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

burwood55
80-90 Mem No: 8410

Post by burwood55 »

Ian Hulley wrote:

It is the Official 80-90 Christmas party weekend

Thanks for the info Ian. Will look out for more info as it becomes available.
Andy
1982 2.0 Aircooled Devon Moonraker

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Red Westie wrote: Ian...this does prompt the question: why on earth are we using this inadequate venue
Martin
also begs the question , "why are you getting involved?"
The duke is the venue, we are happy with it.It is not inadequate at all.
We dont want to go elsewhere.
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Bowton Lad
80-90 Mem No: 2488

Post by Bowton Lad »

Mocki wrote: The duke is the venue, we are happy with it.It is not inadequate at all.
We dont want to go elsewhere.

Well said Mocki owd lad!

The Duke has good beer & great food. The pub is warm & comfortable & Derek the landlord & his team made us very welcome last year. I'm looking forward to another Xmas do at The Duke.
BOWTON LAD, CLUB 80-90 MEMBER No.2488

2013 VW PASSAT ESTATE 2.OL TDI BLUE MOTION TECHNOLOGY