1st Trip with LPG

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kev706

1st Trip with LPG

Post by kev706 »

Hi all just had my first long run since converting to LPG. Vans a 19DG with a 49ltr tank at the front. Gauge has 3 green lights ,last light flashes for about 40 miles then runs out. I put in 30ltrs and got 104 miles combined driving before it ran out again. Seems a bit low to me 16mpg. Is there any way it can be adjusted for beter consumption. Thanks in advance.

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Re: 1st Trip with LPG

Post by ghost123uk »

Who fitted it ?
When I had mine done at Gasure in Chester, iirc, he asked me to come back after a weeks use for it to be re-adjusted after it had "settled down".
He adjusted it and I was getting around 22mpg

There is a fairly obvious "mixture" screw on mine in the gas feed pipe that goes to the carb.
Steve explained, when I asked, how it worked.
A quarter of a turn out richens it = a bit more power and more fuel used.
A quarter of a turn in = a bit less power and less fuel used.
I have done some careful experiments on mine, checking the results of various settings and have settled on one I like.

HOWEVER I cannot recommend or condone the end user adjusting their own LPG installation, especially if it a recent Gasure job !!
I know Gasure prefer us to contact them to have any adjustments made.
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

17mpg is what I get.

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

2.1 5 speed camper, fully loaded coming back on the A30/M5 from Cornwall 18mpg

If there's anything you wish to question speak to the man himself ... accept no lightweight imitations :mrgreen:
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

with the power valves slowly screwed in till the engine falters at 3500 rpm then cracked back an eighth, I got 24 mpg at a constant 60, the trade off was a remarkable loss of power for hill climbing.

2.1 on carb

his gasness Steve Shaw at Gasure will enlighten

Coming home from Cornwall all loaded up, with the taps open for the power sapping hills, I got 18.2mpg
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)