Rat look T25?

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

very_bland
80-90 Mem No: 7610

Re: Rat look T25?

Post by very_bland »

ghost123uk wrote:That pic of Mr/Mrs/Ms very-bland's is a bit dark, I thought it was a camo job and I like that look, but on "brightening" it up a bit you can see it IS rat look =

[/color][/size]

Tis Mr, Mr Billy :D . My photoshop messes around, whenever i export pictures from it to the web, they seem to turn out darker and more saturated in colour. I have got absolutely no idea why!

very_bland

Post by very_bland »

billy739 wrote: i have another late van , sign written and ratty but amazingly good underneath if anyones interested!

Hi Billy any chance of some photos, I'm afraid I have no interest in buying, but would love to see it. Mainly because really i need to advertise my business on the side of my van, so would like to see a sign written rat.

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Post by sirbraunstonquiffqc »

Those vans look great! I've seen the future.....and it's tatty ratty T25's. Who'd mess with bays or splits? No argument. T25's rock. Latest issue of Volksworld Camper & bus (Dec 09) -section of "show us yours" has a photo of a bay window parked next to a T25 covered in primer. Which looks better? The polished bay or the T25? I rest my case.

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

very_bland wrote:
ghost123uk wrote:That pic of Mr/Mrs/Ms very-bland's is a bit dark, I thought it was a camo job and I like that look, but on "brightening" it up a bit you can see it IS rat look =

[/color][/size]

Tis Mr, Mr Billy :D . My photoshop messes around, whenever i export pictures from it to the web, they seem to turn out darker and more saturated in colour. I have got absolutely no idea why!

Try this => http://www.irfanview.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is free, loads really quick and is dead easy to use.

Great for fast re-sizing of pics too, plus the "crop" a bit out of a pic is fast and dead easy.

Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

very_bland

Post by very_bland »

Cheers ghost, but they don't make a version for mac, I just have to remember to make it lighter and less saturated in Photoshop. I don't know why it does it, weirdly when i import pictures from the web into photoshop, that also makes the image darker and more saturated in colour. Tis a bit odd.

very_bland

Post by very_bland »

:lol:

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

very_bland wrote:Cheers ghost, but they don't make a version for mac, I just have to remember to make it lighter and less saturated in Photoshop. I don't know why it does it, weirdly when i import pictures from the web into photoshop, that also makes the image darker and more saturated in colour. Tis a bit odd.

That must be why graphic designers prefer Macs then :run

:twisted: :twisted:
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

peasant
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by peasant »

I'd rather keep mine rust and faint sticker free, thanks
http://forum.club8090.co.uk/garage.php? ... age_id=784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ex German army Syncro for sale

72BUG
80-90 Mem No: 7393

Post by 72BUG »

peasant wrote:I'd rather keep mine rust and faint sticker free, thanks
http://forum.club8090.co.uk/garage.php? ... age_id=784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I do really like this MATT look as opposed to RAT look. I think this suits the T25's much better. Plus rust, even when it's there on purpose, is never a good idea and can soon get out of control.

Robert's (Bad dragon) van is an excellent example of this. (Matt look not rust)
Martin.

Diesel is an engine not a fuel.

I liked camping so much I went full time.

PEET
80-90 Mem No: 2528

Post by PEET »

Rat look on a T25 should be 100% original at the moment, they aren't quite old enuf yet! Best and most temoting for me in the UK is the Wortex van which is a genuine works van in a just coming into rat look phase.. Fake Rat Look looks "pooh" on T3's TBH as does trying to make em look like a bay retro style! There is an original 80's 'llok' but at the moment its jus an original one to copy it is hard! The T3 deseves better at the mo... I dont mind retro as it can work but it is hard to get right but for now ignore rat-look i reckon! :?
For an idea of retro from me...
Thats PEET as in FEET!!!

Gandalf
80-90 Mem No: 7510

Post by Gandalf »

peasant wrote:I'd rather keep mine rust and faint sticker free, thanks

I keep seeing ex german army T3's on German ebay - and TBH I think they are the mutts! Think there's a Doka syncro al camo'ed up on
there at the mo.
1989 California Pop Top.

Damien
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6747

Post by Damien »

very_bland wrote:Image

:lol:

Oooo looks good and i want to have a syncro doka one day!!

Pepperami
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 4608

Post by Pepperami »

I had a nice car once and i couldn't sleep at night worrying about it. My bus lives in a supermarket carpark and people open their doors on to it all the time. Mrs peps MG has dings all over it and it really shows on nice paint work. I hit a gate post in mine the other week scraped the rear panel and arch oh dear never mind eh. Looks pooh goes like stink.
fullthrottlejunkies.org

Tatty Chap
80-90 Mem No: 5626

Post by Tatty Chap »

Damn Straight.... I love not having a "precious" van
2.0l 1983 Aircooled Hitop

sirbraunstonquiffqc

Post by sirbraunstonquiffqc »

Hurrah! Thought i was the only one not precious about my van. I love my van to bits....don't get me wrong. People tend to keep away from tatty vans (especially in supermarket car parks). Some little tike recently keyed a few cars down the road but left our van.I think if i'd had a mint bay or split parked outside some spiteful individual may have enjoyed scratching it. I have to agree with everyone else......think the matt finish looks the dogs danglies. Really suits T25's. Remember the mantra.......love it...but not precious.......love it....but not precious and of course drive the damn thing and go camping, rather than showing it at a show.