SP3

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

crazydiamond
80-90 Mem No: 173

SP3

Post by crazydiamond »

Bugger........wish I was going....Have a good time folks.
1982 2 litre Aircooled Devon
1988 2.1 Syncro ex ambulance
Member 173 and Syncronaught 10

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Post by Hacksawbob »

I've cut a deal with Gerry, see you all sat night, either 2 or 4 wheel!
member 1168

Horza
80-90 Mem No: 1123

Post by Horza »

Top weekend. Possibly the best Syncro event for spectating 2wders there has been so far. Camping was spot on with access to the stream and a huge flat field to camp on. More spare seats than you could wish for and friendly syncro drivers all over. BBQ as always was top, our normal chef was missed but we all mucked in, Big fire and chat into the night was particularly fine and enhanced by the Syncronutz sponsered Buckfast Tonic Wine (Ta Ian, yer a star!!) that went round a few times.

Many many thanks to all who attended, special thanks for those that carted me around and gave me comentary on the technicalities and big kisses and hugs to Sam and Clive for letting me drive some.

:ok
Euan

Economic migrant, cultural extremist and religious bigot.

Diamond Hell
80-90 Mem No: 830

Post by Diamond Hell »

DIY captions... :D
Diamond Hell
Still Syncro, just much fasterer

jen
80-90 Mem No: 397

Post by jen »

It really, really was a top event. Thank you to everyone who gave me and/or Tom a passenger seat or a drive, and everyone who had a part in arranging it. Gorgeous site and plenty to do.
Was, as ever, great to see how everyone came together - Mattflints CV, Rogers recovery, and the barbeque and fire saturday evening being the best examples.... :D

A VERY BIG thank you from my lad Tom to those who orchestrated the football - he was VERY greatful he didn't have to watch it on a teeny telly in Euans van (possibly not as greatful as Euan though...... :lol: ). Alas the last we saw of Pete and Lewis was as they attempted to limp back to the site with an overheating engine and an engine battery being powered by a generator after alternator failure - mad as a box of frogs........ :twisted:
If you are a playmobil person then your chances of drowning are significantly increased by wearing a life jacket.

Club 80-90 Member No.397 (& 2410).

syncropete
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1621

Post by syncropete »

Just walked through the door. Syncro cooked and engine dead. Luckily just outside a pub nr telford. Got a lift home and leaving in a few hours to collect it with trailer!
Fantastic weekend :)

Russel
80-90 Mem No: 1052

Post by Russel »

A Big thanx to all involved. :lol: Definatly a great weekend.Got home about half nine after some of the heaviest rain ive ever driven in.Could have been in a monsoon.

Mudlark
80-90 Mem No: 394

Post by Mudlark »

It was wicked!

Thanks all for a lovely weekend; could have stayed at least a week !
--
1.9 TDI Syncro 16 Westfalia Joker
--

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

Goddamn it. 'Tis a sad day when work gets in the way of fun. While you were all arriving I was sitting on a plane heading the wrong way. Maybe I shall retire ..... and get my priorities right.
Looking forward to all the pics
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

Horza

Post by Horza »

I hope the green laners are having a great time today also with all the info Aiden downloaded from the nice man with the landrover.

My Pics, or some of them.

I didn't ding it, ner ner ner :)

I'm seeing an album cover, Wild Wild Syncros?

I can do it, I can do it...nooooo, pull me out!!

Tree 1, Pete 0.

Glug glug glug gurgle clonk.

No we don't need to be pulled out by your Landrover, we'll fix it!!

Could someone just wade in to show how deep that hole was?

Jenny! Take the picture now!

If Terry was here he'd have the kettle on by now

Where was it you broke that drive shaft then?

Hi Ian, having a lovely time, wish you were here *waves*

If we stare really hard it'll start this time.

There's more of the same, I'll drop them on my website when I have time.
Euan

syncroand101
80-90 Mem No: 500

Post by syncroand101 »

Damn, I am seriously jealous now. First Syncropendance I miss and its a stonker.

Looks like everyone had an absolutely great weekend! Good stuff. Keep the pics coming. 8)

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Post by Hacksawbob »

cj pic added to classic photos on the wiki.
member 1168

Horza

Post by Horza »

:)

There was a bit of a video of Pete also.

That was easy!

You need Flash 8 aparantly.
Euan

Ye Olde Syncrospares
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1315

Post by Ye Olde Syncrospares »

good weekend,great terrain,didnt break to much,did buy all of the Diesel in welshpool on the way home ,sorry if you needed any,cj.
bought some real off roaders!!!!!!!

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Thanks for all the pics so far - some good ones already - and thanks for coming everyone - made a really convivial and enjoyable meeting of it.

Just back, about 1:15am Tuesday morning.... Sam, Mattflint and ourselves left Aidan raking all the grass back upright at 8-30, 'twas a big field so hope he got away before nightfall. Or perhaps he was about to take a well earned bath in the lovely river - pretty sure he'd arranged for one of the girls from the adjacent pop-fest to scrub his back, but wasn't telling us - who knows :?: Anyway, very nice of the aforementioned to help load our Doka to the gunnels (and beyond) and esp. with final site cleanup and clearance. You weren't all messy pups at all, but the things that get left behind simply amaze us more every year...

Russel, we know this site blew your socks off, but you could have found them and taken them back with you - what'll the missus think? :)

Sunday night drove some more of the site to the West - its BIG, with hidden BOGS too, Geoff style :) Mourned our departed friends up at the Lonely Tree and the Big Sky - why do they all have to rush off Sunday afternoon - ah, yes, that silly WAR constantly raging back home, Work And Responsibilities :shock:

Top day greenlaning Monday, you'll all be wanting to drive these ones - as good as recce'd for next year, and they weren't all as it said on the box -despite what we were told. Locals tame, even if 4 muddy syncros drive into their million pound gaff and start unchaining their gates :oops: thought a right hook was coming for that but what a gent - pretty sure a Pims would have been on the way if we hadn't insisted we had a long days driving ahead! And we did - Aidan and Matt will be completing the picture as the months roll by. Picnic spot found, par excellence 8) What a scorcher - lucky most of the driving (and full lunch served on the load bed) was in the dappled shade of some truly lovely trees...

Special thanks from me to Pete for fixing my specs - although his Doka gave out on return (towing under extreme provocation), my specs are still fully functional - piccy to follow - thanks again :)

More thanks tomorrow and hopefully some juicy pics too... but some great shots there from everyone. Euan, you'll not be judging the photo-comp this time, that's for sure :!:

The spirit of SP3..

The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1