RAC European breakdown

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

phoog

RAC European breakdown

Post by phoog »

Thought i'd share my experience of RAC breakdown cover ! I took out cover with Adrian Flux via the insurance and then read that I'd only have one "life" so phoned around and was told by the RAC ( via caravan and camping club as the van's an 85) that I'd have 6 lives as there are two of us, We set off before the paperwork arrived, all good until I broke a diesel pipe (1y) in the Dordogne area, phoned them up and they sent a guy out, all ok ( after 3 attempts) until my girlfriend checked we were still covered and was told that we only have one call out per trip and we'd just used it, this was a bit of a bugger as we'd still got 4 weeks touring about left,I've no idea what the cost of repatriation for a van is if you havn't got cover !!!!
anyway got back OK and now know not to call for help unless it's a really really serious problem

marc123
80-90 Mem No: 5358

Re: RAC European breakdown

Post by marc123 »

Crap company see my previous posts .
1991 california westie (herman to his friends)

Cableguy
80-90 Mem No: 8585

Post by Cableguy »

I'm with flux too, but our breakdown cover isn't with RAC.
Wonder why that is?

slobbo
80-90 Mem No: 3089

Post by slobbo »

I've been with Britannia Rescue for years. Stopped recently when I realised that I got cover with my bank but started it up again when I realised how crap that cover was. It costs me circa £130 a year for the full deluxe any car package but it is worth every penny. Had to use it in Europe in a Megane. They handled everything. Speaking to the garage on my behalf (don't speak french), sorting out transport etc. They paid for repatriation of us and the car when the local Renault garage couldn't sort it in time. Just 3 weeks ago they picked my BMW up in Blackpool and bought me back to Dunfermline in Scotland no questions asked when the suspension sprung a leak. Nothing has been a problem for them.
Cheers
Rob.

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.
1987 2.9 litre VR6 powered Syncro - Westy wannabe.

My site - My obsession - http://www.aircooledcrazy.com
VW Xmas cards - http://www.ceinwen.co.uk