NEW VENUE UP 4 GRABS

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

redsteamer

NEW VENUE UP 4 GRABS

Post by redsteamer »

Hiya all,I`m Ross and i`m the vice chairman of Shirebrook Staff Sports Social Club in Shirebrook near Mansfield Notts.We`re lucky enough to have a very clean secure fenced in 6 acre field,ideal for events such like the ones you attend,I`ve just completed a very successful vintage and classic vehicle event which passed off very well.what i`m looking to do now is fill the field with vw campers some time this year .We have 24 hour toilets,24 hour security,hot showers,fenced in site,hot food and most of all a very friendly social club serving fine ale.If your looking for a new venue this is the one.All i`m after is the social club to stay open and our field is the saviour.All the old cronies have all gone,and its up to me to get it back on its feet.Please give me a ring for a chat and more details on 07929629944 thanks Ross

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Re: NEW VENUE UP 4 GRABS

Post by kevtherev »

hello and welcome

Tariff for group booking?

hook up?
hard standing?
exclusivity?

how many can you take ....SAFELY

cheers
kev
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

redsteamer

Post by redsteamer »

many thanks for the reply,sadly there is`nt any hook ups,the grass is short and it does`nt get flooded or boggy,the low vehicles travelled along it with ease,and the big heavy vehicles just sat comfortably. It was commented on the quality of the field.I had a few camping and caravanning this weekend and they all said it was a perfect venue.I did`nt charge for overnite stays,the showers we`re free to use also.All we`re after is much needed revenue behind the bar in the club.Food on site,breakfasts also available which again was commented on being quality and a fair price.The people that did stay slept soundly because all the gates were locked up and manned security on site.

redsteamer

Post by redsteamer »

I reckon you could quite easily get 300 if not more camped up safe and comfortable.thanks again Ross

Fritz
80-90 Mem No: 380

Post by Fritz »

Dear Sir, thank you for your suggestion and by the look of things on (google maps) it is pretty central for everyone,,,,,I have always fancied holding a T25 'Brickfest' and your offer of a suitable site looks promising .......

If perhaps we could discuss a nominal pitch fee per unit we would actively encourage punters to buy a beer a burger or even a breakfast....

Regards

Fritz,,,,,,,,

KTR,,,,You have Mail..
One day you will find me,,
Driving in my Camper,
With a Surf and Paisley wrap on both sides....

Bowton Lad
80-90 Mem No: 2488

Post by Bowton Lad »

Sounds interesting but need more info, particularly the cost as mentioned above.
BOWTON LAD, CLUB 80-90 MEMBER No.2488

2013 VW PASSAT ESTATE 2.OL TDI BLUE MOTION TECHNOLOGY

T'Onion
80-90 Mem No: 255

Post by T'Onion »

Hi Ross ,
firstly welcome and thanks for taking the time to post your offer

My first question for you is about insurance , Do you have your own site insurance that would cover the club (ie public liability insurance ,and fire insurance etc , bearing in mind the value of some of our vehicles ) or would we have to get our own ?
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

redsteamer

Post by redsteamer »

Hiya all,the venue is covered by public liability insurance we have to have it when the fair comes so thats that area covered.when i organised the classic and vintage weekend i did`nt want to put people off by charging a tariff,so i`d be the same for a vw event,but if you think i should then we`d to have a chat about it.My main aim is getting money in the club but maybe charging would pay for some entertainment like a disco in the afternoon band at night.The catering was highly recommended with a breakfast in a morning(after a shower if required) then the usual burgers,hot dogs.chips throughout the day at a very reasonable price.Any more queries please ask me and many thanks for showing interest.Ross

Bowton Lad
80-90 Mem No: 2488

Post by Bowton Lad »

Ross, just to recap on the above the situation.

You are offering free camping in a secure area covered by security patrols. You have public liability insurance. Facilities include toilets/showers & bar, breakfast in the morning & other food catering available throughout the day at reasonable prices. Club members will hopefully be attracted by the free camping. Some of us were wondering about the cost of camping because it wasn't stated in your original post but free sounds good to me.

If this is correct then I hope that we can find an available weekend to organise a meet at Shirebrook.
BOWTON LAD, CLUB 80-90 MEMBER No.2488

2013 VW PASSAT ESTATE 2.OL TDI BLUE MOTION TECHNOLOGY

Rozzo
80-90 Mem No: 3339

Post by Rozzo »

this could be the ideal venue for the much fabled 80-90 bash. imagine all active members together at the same time.
LT owner and positively rattling around with the new found space
member 3339

poshbuggers
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by poshbuggers »

FRom my knowledge of this location it's nice and flat and has decent access too.

Traffic considerations might be something to note as Langwith Road can be busy at peak times and direct access to and from the site would be crucial.

Sounds like a good idea though and if it supports the club I would be interested in helping.

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

sounds good...free camping and a social bar....sounds wicked!

Thanks for the offer, mate.

Em
xx
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Post by Red Westie »

Sounds like a GREAT oportunity for the 'CLUB' meaning it's members...to put on a very special event...along the lines perhaps of 'Dubliminals' Run to the hills..this could be annually (but I'm getting ahead of myself)
Something we can showcase as 'THE BIGGEST' T25 club in the UK. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE? not just a meet. Low cost and aimed 'primarily' at T25 owners?

I know this would be particularly difficult as 80-90's existintance is very much split between cyber space and members camping. This sort of event would necessitate 'group organisation and the need for several team meetings' A gathering of interested parties?

Martin
Last edited by Red Westie on 19 May 2010, 08:24, edited 2 times in total.
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx

Nomadd1001
80-90 Mem No: 7095

Post by Nomadd1001 »

Sounds great. Just up t' road too.

1981 tintop 2.0 Aircooled..............don't pull out on me. you are my crumple zone!!

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

This has been looked into before, people have spent sleepless nights chewing this baby over ... haven't we Kev

The issues were ...

Insurance ? ... Sounds pretty much ok

Location ? ... sounds like we may be sorted, and it's geographically pretty central

Adequate Facilities ? ... again, sounds like this may be sorted, what's the disabled access/facilities like ?

Numbers ? ... Of the 11500 'members' how many would turn up ? My guess would be ~120 tops

When ? ... Most weekends are now filled with Dub-this and Volks-that plus the traditional annual 80-90 camps/weekends

The BIGGEST T25 Club ? ... as all but the most blind can see the club has diversified to a massive extent, what about those close friends and extended family afflicted with lesser marques or types (love you Dave) Suppose Leon could do the tarmacing

What happens when a certain member wants all his non-member chums there in the 80-90 bit ... happens at RTTH every year.

Security ... The site stewards police the site but who polices the 80-90 massif ? We had stuff stolen off our van at DF'08 when there were only 80-90 peeps around.

Traders ? ... Would Billy numbers, Mick nw_vw, Simon Baxter and the rest of the traders be able to have stalls if they wanted them ?

Just thinking out loud.

Ian
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure