NEW VENUE UP 4 GRABS

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Re: NEW VENUE UP 4 GRABS

Post by Red Westie »

Mocki wrote:
Red Westie wrote: Ian...this does prompt the question: why on earth are we using this inadequate venue
Martin
also begs the question , "why are you getting involved?"
The duke is the venue, we are happy with it.It is not inadequate at all.
We dont want to go elsewhere.

Just like you Mochi...I have my opinion and one that I know a few share.
I have made what I believe are valid points regarding the Dukes shortcomings NOW that the club has grown to the size it has.
My comments were made with the best intentions.
These observations were made because I believe some members felt split and divided by the decisions taken last year that resulted in two seperate midlands parties and I genuinely didn't want to see this happening again.
Forgive me for saying but your reply sounded as if I shouldn't be voicing my opinion or getting involved.....I always believed that this club was open to fair and honest debate, you appear to have taken a very closed stance.
I know just how difficult it can be organising an event and I also know you cannot please everyone with dates and venues (there is always going to be someone who can't make it etc etc.
When you replied you said 'the Duke is the venue and we are happy with it''. I repect the fact that there will be a fair number of members that would be quite happy for things to stay as they are but surely by doing this you will not be allowing the function to grow in size and number.
I like the Duke, I have organised a camp there myself, I understand that the new management are very accomodating and that there have been some alterations, however, my point; is the function room/venue too small to cope with the potential numbers or will numbers need to be restricted? unfortunately I suspect it will be first come first served which will limit the numbers that would like to attend.
It would be a shame for the club to miss out on a opportunity of involving as many members as show an interest by having barriers restricting attendance based on function room size and facilities. And that's my point!.

I would hope that this reply is taken as it is intended, a genuine wish to improve the Christmas party. I would also hope that others sitting on the fence reading this would voice their opinions and the possibility of a change in venue at least 'sounded out' before it is set in stone.
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

Red Westie wrote: I would hope that this reply is taken as it is intended, a genuine wish to improve the Christmas party.

The Duke is organised BY ME, it is nothing to do with you what-so-ever, The Duke has been booked for months and with be booked again should Derek be as pleasant as he was last year and those in attendance be as happy as they were last year .... There were no complaints from anyone who was there.

Just organise your own do where-ever you want and when ever you want BUT keep your nose out of mine. I notice you don't try to stick your oar into Cromer, Pickering or any other do ?
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Post by Red Westie »

Classy mate........gobsmacked
I guess I should have expected that...arh well....I tried.
Just get on with it and don't worry, I won't be offering anymore friendly advice.
Martin
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley »

Red Westie wrote: I won't be offering anymore friendly advice.
Martin

You are too kind.
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter

T'Onion
80-90 Mem No: 255

Post by T'Onion »

"feck" me this is making us look a right set of muppets , petty bickering you can beat it
Remember the owners of the Shirebrook site have access to this forum , as do other VW forum dwellers
Maybe Red Westie and T'Hulley should have a pissing competition in a car park somewhere.
Why not just organise one at the Shirebrook venue and then folk can choose which one to go to , end of , worked last year and it will work this year.
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

lloyd
80-90 Mem No: 3244

Post by lloyd »

You are right Mark.
No more squabbling over more then one meet on same dates.

Club now has many meets happening on same dates. So What? Plenty of members to go around.
88 1.9 gassed w/Westy conversion & Reimo topper

MOBS

Rozzo
80-90 Mem No: 3339

Post by Rozzo »

T'Onion wrote:"feck" me this is making us look a right set of muppets , petty bickering you can beat it
Remember the owners of the Shirebrook site have access to this forum , as do other VW forum dwellers
Maybe Red Westie and T'Hulley should have a pissing competition in a car park somewhere.
Why not just organise one at the Shirebrook venue and then folk can choose which one to go to , end of , worked last year and it will work this year.
EASY TIGER!!
if you don't mind i have shirebrook booked the weekend before fer me birthday do i don't think ross and the boys could give up 2 weekends on the bounce to open up for us and i think it would be unfair of us to ask em to.
i'll be attending the christmas do at the duke cos i think it's ace (thats if ian lets me as he seems to have the monk on with me at present) and if the landlord has indeed developed the camping field as stated then there ought to be room for a fair few more than before.
however i don't think peeps should jump down anyones throat for suggesting change. especially when it's so firmly suggested in the interests of this great club of ours. now if everyone will put their ball back on the field maybe we can continue to play nicely
LT owner and positively rattling around with the new found space
member 3339

redsteamer

Post by redsteamer »

ayup folks,big thankyou to all who turned for the day/night sunday,hopes you all enjoyed it as much as we did,hope to see you all again soon....and Rozzo...if you want two weekends on the bounce mate you can have them, you know Shev cant get enough of it and he`s got a drop of vodka left seeing as you supped it all.....oh and by the way,where did your lovely special fried rice go,i sneaked out of me tent and went looking for it....i was starved,and it had gone...pesky foxes!!!!!

T'Onion

Post by T'Onion »

EASY TIGER!!

Feck me Julian its like herding sheep sometimes mate BTW what all this about your birthday do ?

redsteamer , thanks for the offer of your venue , just need someone to take you up on the offer
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

Rozzo

Post by Rozzo »

heyup m8
after the initial scouting mission i wanted to put a do on for the club faithful cos i know everyone will like the venue so i looked in events etc. and there was nowt on for the same weekend as me birfday so i thought ace i'll put one on then.
it's in camping.
trouble is i seem to be in bother for not quite clashing with the christmas do
member 3339

T'Onion

Post by T'Onion »

trouble is i seem to be in bother for not quite clashing with the christmas do

No your not ... and if so who says you are
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

Rozzo

Post by Rozzo »

just want to let everyone know where i sit on this chrimbo do matter.
for the last few years i've gone to the do at the duke and i will do again this year. ross however has said the club can have shirebrook if needed. i will not be organising this as i'll be at the duke. last year it worked out well with 2 do's and it probably will again this year so if anyone else puts owt on good luck with it.
ian please remember i'm in a heffa this year so a carpark slot would be appreciated as they're rubbish in mud
everyone please keep adding to me birthday bash in club camping & events. might even have a theme to it? maybe mods and rockers?
cheers all can we stop argueing now please.
rozzo
member 3339

Bessie the camper
80-90 Mem No: 7530

Post by Bessie the camper »

And don't forget it ruudi birthday too at the shirebrook do he be the big 7
Gareth, Annette, Ruudi
MOBS

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley »

Rozzo wrote: ian please remember i'm in a heffa this year so a carpark slot would be appreciated as they're rubbish in mud

Bottom corner of Gazza's swamp for you bad boy
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter

Rozzo

Post by Rozzo »

Ian Hulley wrote:
Rozzo wrote: ian please remember i'm in a heffa this year so a carpark slot would be appreciated as they're rubbish in mud

Bottom corner of Gazza's swamp for you bad boy
member 3339