South of France

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

leroiandjayne
80-90 Mem No: 5642

South of France

Post by leroiandjayne »

Booked on boat to Dunkirk on 3rd June so here we go again!!!!!. Les issambres here we come :ok

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Re: South of France

Post by Ralf85 »

What a great time to go, when everything is still growing, before it gets too hot and before the holiday rush and a bit of the Tour de France too maybe? So many options. How long are you going for?

leroiandjayne

Post by leroiandjayne »

too right on all counts there! we are going for four weeks,weve joined the ASCI too so we get a good discount on the sites,some are actually free because its not the season,still the beach is quiet sea's warm so its perfect.

Ralf85

Post by Ralf85 »

Four weeks. If I took that long off, I might never come back. You lucky lucky peeps. I am so jealous. Spot on with the ASCI option. So are you meandering down there or motorwaying it?

Some years ago we used to stay at a campsite called Camping St Pons then run by a guy called Bruno, on the edge of Le Lavandou, South of St Tropez on the coast road. We had a good time there. It had an excellent bar/restaurant on site and there were two supermarkets and other shops between the site and the beach. Lots of sand sculpturing on the beach there too and loads of old guys in town under the shady trees playing petanque. I just got fed up with sunbathing on the beach so we now stay further inland. Nice picturesque coast road where you are going too.

So many enjoyable memories, including coming back from the beach and baby Jo in her push chair with her face covered in her first serious chocolate (I do mean serious chocolate) ice cream. Such a happy bunny. One thing that made me smile in town was a traffic sign showing the post office in one direction and St Tropez in the other.
:ok

leroiandjayne

Post by leroiandjayne »

hey that sound lurvely!!!,this will be our 7th visit this time and to be honest where we're heading is the one we go back to,weve coverd around 21.000 miles of france and we now head to our favorite camp,we jump on and off the motorway avoiding tolls( thankyou tomtom) so we get to see alot of towns and villages without the monotony of the toll roads,bl***dy expensive too!.check out http://www.paradis-des-campeurs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. prices for what we get are next to none too. cheers :ok

harvey
80-90 Mem No: 11967

Post by harvey »

leroiandjayne wrote:too right on all counts there! we are going for four weeks,weve joined the ASCI too so we get a good discount on the sites,some are actually free because its not the season,still the beach is quiet sea's warm so its perfect.

Newbie here, what is ASCI?

Have a wonderful time on your holiday.
Freya 1.6TD California

Ralf85

Post by Ralf85 »

It's a camping discount facility for campsites in France outside of the main Summer season ie not in July/August. It applies for most of the rest of the year.
:)

oorwullie
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by oorwullie »

Ralf85 wrote:It's a camping discount facility for campsites in France outside of the main Summer season ie not in July/August. It applies for most of the rest of the year.
:)

since all french campsites are about half the high season price outside of july and august i fail to see the need to join. :rollin
ochaye thenoojimmyhaudmaheedtillastickmabunnetoanit

leroiandjayne

Post by leroiandjayne »

WELL MATEY YOU GET TO SAVE 3 EURO PER NIGHT SO 21 NIGHTS =YES 63 EUROS 0R 58 QUID OR THEREABOUTS,YOU CAN ALSO USE IT IN ALL OF THE UK AND MOST OF EUROPE. WE DONT LIKE TO GO MOST PLACES IN HIGH SEASON ANYWAY,HIGHLY EXSPENSIVE,TOO MANY NUTTERS,THIEVES,KIDS,DRUNKS AND SO ON!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Ralf85

Post by Ralf85 »

leroiandjayne wrote: WE DONT LIKE TO GO MOST PLACES IN HIGH SEASON ANYWAY,HIGHLY EXSPENSIVE,TOO MANY NUTTERS,THIEVES,KIDS,DRUNKS AND SO ON!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

In nearly 29 years of being on holiday in France I don't recognise your description at all. Yes it is more expensive but for the rest that's never been my experience. Where have you been staying?

Anyway have a jolly time.
:ok

leroiandjayne

Post by leroiandjayne »

cheers will do, terrarabit. :ok

dth17
80-90 Mem No: 5410

Post by dth17 »

Have a good time guys, were not at all JEALOUS. see you when you get back :ok :ok :ok

oorwullie
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by oorwullie »

leroiandjayne wrote:WELL MATEY YOU GET TO SAVE 3 EURO PER NIGHT SO 21 NIGHTS =YES 63 EUROS 0R 58 QUID OR THEREABOUTS,YOU CAN ALSO USE IT IN ALL OF THE UK AND MOST OF EUROPE. WE DONT LIKE TO GO MOST PLACES IN HIGH SEASON ANYWAY,HIGHLY EXSPENSIVE,TOO MANY NUTTERS,THIEVES,KIDS,DRUNKS AND SO ON!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

if i were wandering around france with the missus for 3 weeks i'd anticipate probably spending at least 7 - 10 nights NOT on campsites and would obviously save a lot more than yer measly 58 squids. :P

and if i were on me own i wouldn't be in any campsites at all and obviously save so much dosh that i could afford to extend the trip for another few weeks. :rollin :rofl :rofl :rollin

ochaye thenoojimmyhaudmaheedtillastickmabunnetoanit

leroiandjayne

Post by leroiandjayne »

good on ya,fair play,free hookup will do nicely anyway.cant do anymore than 4 cos of commitments but hey, cheers :ok