You know what, france is a pretty amazing place

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mark
80-90 Mem No: 9768

Re: You know what, france is a pretty amazing place

Post by mark »

we knew you would be taking the rain with you, so france is the best bet :rofl

mark

ghost123uk wrote:Good luck to all you guys n gals going to France :ok :run
1988 1.9 dg Caravel.
https://i.imgur.com/oIt3VLk.jpg

Bowton Lad
80-90 Mem No: 2488

Post by Bowton Lad »

I'm off to the Limousin in just under 3 weeks time. Staying there for 3.5 weeks & then staying with friends in department 91 Essonne for 4 nights. I'm travelling with LD Lines Portsmouth - Le Havre.

I've just booked another crossing on the same route, out in September & home in October (4 weeks) at a great price of £89.00! :D

Anyone travelling home from Le Havre, the customs officers are as keen as mustard. The usual routine is for 6 of them to swarm all over your van, opening all exteral doors & searching all interior lockers etc. They now have a large mobile scanner mounted on the back of a truck which x-rays your van. They discovered my deadly cargo - 6 tins of Napolina peeled plum tomatoes. :roll:
BOWTON LAD, CLUB 80-90 MEMBER No.2488

2013 VW PASSAT ESTATE 2.OL TDI BLUE MOTION TECHNOLOGY

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

have a good'un :ok
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Post by Ralf85 »

Bowton Lad wrote:I'm off to the Limousin in just under 3 weeks time. Staying there for 3.5 weeks & then staying with friends in department 91 Essonne for 4 nights. I'm travelling with LD Lines Portsmouth - Le Havre.

I've just booked another crossing on the same route, out in September & home in October (4 weeks) at a great price of £89.00! :D

Anyone travelling home from Le Havre, the customs officers are as keen as mustard. The usual routine is for 6 of them to swarm all over your van, opening all exteral doors & searching all interior lockers etc. They now have a large mobile scanner mounted on the back of a truck which x-rays your van. They discovered my deadly cargo - 6 tins of Napolina peeled plum tomatoes. :roll:

Another lucky lucky b*******. Have a great time Steve and look forward to some stories when you return - oh before you go back over again. One day we will meet up over there - maybe at your place.
:ok
Patrick