Bog Standard !!!!

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Fritz
80-90 Mem No: 380

Bog Standard !!!!

Post by Fritz »

I am currently looking at alternatives to the common or garden Portapotty used by all most every camper /motorhome /caravan in the country.

It is all due to us not being able to fit our potty inside the buddy seat of our recent purchase, so the throne is insight at all times unless it is in the shed when it is not being used.
Also at a recent music festival there was NO facilities anywhere to empty the contents ,so a bit of inventive thinking was needed on day 3 of 4 which worked by syphoning off approximately 4 litres of foul water into our old water container.

I have found what may be seen as an expensive alternative to the tried and tested potty and chemicals,,,,,,,But it is a newish gadget (and I'm a sucker for gadgets) is nice and compact but the bags with the trick stuff which turn liquids into solids are dear, but have been blessed by the enviroment police .

check it out,,,,,
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=118

And there is a video of some bloke simulating a dump on a south american mountain with an audience.

Regards

Fritz,,,,,,, :shock:
One day you will find me,,
Driving in my Camper,
With a Surf and Paisley wrap on both sides....

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Post by Hacksawbob »

SOunds good Fritz
The stable, three leg design enables the system to be used on uneven terrain with ease.
may start a craze for the new extreme sport of off road dumping!
member 1168

sixsprings
80-90 Mem No: 15083

Post by sixsprings »

sounds better, i hate emptying - let us know how you go on (with) it

syncroand101
80-90 Mem No: 500

Post by syncroand101 »

Here you go

http://www.bumperdumper.com/

On the tow hitch, then put a curtain up around the tailgate...

amulet
80-90 Mem No: 2500

Post by amulet »

syncroand101 wrote:Here you go

http://www.bumperdumper.com/

On the tow hitch, then put a curtain up around the tailgate...

Genius - just don't leave it gear when "depositing" - let alone reverse, God just imagine - first the indignity of falling off the crapper then being driven over to boot. Actually, I've changed my opinion - this is a very dangerous idea.
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape; If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Hehe, a bucket of sand or a carrier bag does me fine - whats all this fuss about, or can't anyone dump a one piece good'un in 10 seconds anymore - heck, what the hell are you eatin? :twisted: Can't be good old rice'un this, rice'un that now can it, because theres only one result from that, stabilty downstairs :lol:

Must be t'Internet food yous all eating, put the phone down and cook sumink!
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

Flibbertigibbet
80-90 Mem No: 1080

Post by Flibbertigibbet »

HarryMann wrote:Hehe, a bucket of sand or a carrier bag does me fine - whats all this fuss about, or can't anyone dump a one piece good'un in 10 seconds anymore - heck, what the hell are you eatin? :twisted: Can't be good old rice'un this, rice'un that now can it, because theres only one result from that, stabilty downstairs :lol:

Must be t'Internet food yous all eating, put the phone down and cook sumink!

That is the funniest thing I have read or ages :lol:
member 1080

keyboard-wielding harridan

trollop@club80-90.co.uk

Tallbird
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Tallbird »

I was thinking that what we need is a cover for the potti for making it look a bit less potti like when we are in transit.

Something like a 'throw', possibly with a cushion on the top so we can use it as an extra seat.

You may laugh, but actually when we were travelling about this summer ,we had guests on a couple of occasions and found ourselves having to squeeze 4 of us inside for card playing out of the rain - and we only have 3 seats, so the potti became our fourth - with the lid down obviously. Actually is the perfect height :)

No cupboard in our van for potti storage, and I thought that I just wouldn't use it at all - being that privacy is non-existant. However, I don't know how we would have managed without it! Only liquids though, nothing more serious than that.

Can't beat a good potti conversation in the afternoon can you?